VT-d not an option on Asus Maximus vii Z97 hero board

I just swapped over all my "server" hardware over to my Z97 system after upgrading my main gaming rig, and my hardware passthrough for a dell LSI controller is no longer available in ESXI. After a bit of research i found that VT-d needs to be enabled in bios.
intel virtualization is already enabled for intel cpu but in the bios under advanced mode>advanced>advanceds/system agent confifg>
the VT-d setting is nowhere to be found. this is the exact spot that even the motherboard manual says the setting is and it is not there. I was on a really old bios (1104) so u upgraded to 3503 or something and the setting is still not there.

here is the screenshot of the bios page right from the motherboard manual where the setting is supposed to be. I have all the options shown except VT-d
The processor I am running is a 4770k which per intel's site should support it so I am fairly certain this is a motherboard glitch/issue. https://ark.intel.com/products/75123/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3-90-GHz-

upload_2018-11-20_6-46-30.png

The VT-d setting was available on an old cheapo asrock Z77M board running a i5 2500 cpu so I should hope that the more expensive and newer Asus board would have it too but I am coming up short.

Short of flashing through every bios can find can anyone else tell me how to get this setting to show up on my Asus Z97 motherboard?

Thanks in advance for replies.

I see VT-d is available on the 4790 cpu to which I have one of those in my other systems so I will be swapping that out later tonight to see if I have my option.
I was looking at VT anything on the intel ark page for 4770k and didn't even notice the VT-d not available listing. tunnel vision much? ugh. what a headache but i think there is light at the end of the tunnel if i cpu swap with my 4790 non k cpu in another rig.
I was so close to answering my own question yet so far. Here's hoping. Will post back with results when available. Thanks!

Haswell was the last generation which had no VT-d on K series CPU. Haswell Refresh and anything after that had VT-d on K series CPU too.
That includes i7-4970K too for example : https://ark.intel.com/products/80807/Intel-Core-i7-4790K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4-40-GHz-
just my luck :p considering the deal i got on the 4770k at the time I am not complaining much. Just going to be a bit weird running an unlocked 4770k in a B series motherboard in my Fiance's rig, and a locked 4790 in a Z97 board. but the cpu swap is free so I will take the solution we have found here until it doesn't work.

4790 installed into the z97 board and VTd enabled without issue. LSI raid card is now passed through to xpenology VM and both of my VMs are running with no data loss. WIN!! Thanks everyone!

-Xander

Back