Vsphere ESX4.1 on asrock e350m1 Zacate ?

sybreeder

Limp Gawd
I'm very interested to buy asrock e350m1 and use it as server for vsphere ESX4. Did anyone tested this already if this will even work ? AFAIK E-350 APU support AMD-V so in case of cpu itself should be fine but how about rest of the system like southbridge with disk controller or LAN ? The chipset is AMD A50M Chipset with 4 SATA 6gbit, the lan chip is RTL8111E. The board itself has UEFI bios it is important in any way.I couldn't find any information about support this board by vmware ESX :(
If anyone has any information about use AMD E-350 Zacate on asrock e350m1 for Vsphere 4.1 please let me now :)

Last edited:
I had the same idea. Subscribed. BTW, where is that board for sale and is it cheaper than the $140 Asus that Newegg has (but OOS)?

Hard to say...if it is based on older board for example sb710 or sb700 with the same firmware on it it would work but we don't know that for sure so i won't buy it without to be certain that this will work.
Well.. We can install Server 2008 R2 and activate hyper-V or even install hyper-v hypervisor and i'm 90% sure that it will work but i don't like to be limited

About asrock e350m1 - i can get it from my reseller.I'm from Poland btw so i don't buy at newegg

Hmm... Is the Asrock cheaper than Asus/Gigabyte where you are? I hope it will be cheaper than those here.

Asrock is significantly cheaper than asus/gigabyte especially this board is about 20% cheaper than e350 from asus/gigabyte and the only difference is lack of usb 3.0 and that asus is fanless.
Either way. There is no chance to A50M to work with esx. As far i read even sb850 doesn't work with ESX 4.1. So it seems that i'll have to stick with gigabyte m55plus s3g with esx 4.1 however is way too much power hungry than asrock e350m1... :(

Back