VR in Hollywood Direction

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We get a little bit of insight on how VR is being used by Hollywood directors, this one in particular is Steven Spielberg and how he used it in shooting Ready Player One. I highly suggest reading the book.

Check out the video.

Last edited:
The book Ready Player One was a fun read. The movie wasn't bad, but for those who read the book, it has quite a few moments where you just wanna yell "BS" at the screen.

I thought the movie was terrible. I listened to the audiobook and loved it. I remember getting pumped up for the final battle and when things were finally turning their way.

The movie also did zero to pull me into the 80s childhood memories I have.

But we all have different opinions :)

"How I made a shitty movie using new toys" by Steven Spielberg

I read the book and loved it, and then read it again 2 years later, and still loved it.

I knew the movie wouldn't be able to get everything from the book, and that directors and writers to change things to suit their wants and wishes. So, I knew the story of the movie would differ from the book, and likely not be as good in story, but likely bring my imagination to life in far better ways than the book could. I was definitely not disappointed with the movie. I loved it. It's fun, and close enough to the book for my taste.

Try not to get too stuck on the details. It just makes you miss a lot of the fun in life.

The book Ready Player One was a fun read. The movie wasn't bad, but for those who read the book, it has quite a few moments where you just wanna yell "BS" at the screen.
I read the book and liked it. I took my daughter to see the movie (she also read the book) - we both were bracing for an awful movie. It was surprisingly much better than I thought it would be. It does not compare to the book...
I am currently reading Stephen King's Gunslinger books. I watched the movie and didn't mind it - but dear lord, they should have called it something else!

Wasn't a big fan of the movie, couldn't understand why there was such the fascination with 80s/90s culture. Not to mention the VR world with the moving tramway was a great representation of how it could work, then you got people running through the streets with VR headsets on and I'm like.. ummmm how come there aren't more dead people?

it has quite a few moments where you just wanna yell "BS" at the screen.

i do that.. often, with the new shit being released. was a new show last night actually where me and the wife were rooting for the little girl to die.. cause she was annoying spoiled child. Sadly it was a "plot" point and it caused the mother to off herself.. and reset time..BLEH

the only thing even remotely redeeming about the show was moms.. lefty and righty. Sadly.. probably the 2 best plot points in the show

Have a feeling james cameron has tools like this, just much better for years now. Everyone else is catching up to the tech

The audiobook was an entertaining listen, the movie was underwhelming compared to the book. Some of the changes were a head-scratcher, but I do understand they wanted this to be completely PG.

Back