VR Gloves Let You Touch The Digital World

I'd consider getting them depending on price. It would be great for say driving sims and airplane sims to actually reach out and use the onscreen controls in your hands. Though they kind of look scary as they are shown. For some reason I can't stop thinking that a software bug/exploit could break your fingers lol.

Honestly I'd be afraid I was ripping boobs off the body with those things.....I wouldn't even consider touching myself with it.....lol

I can see this being very useful in training simulators for hands on type work. Although some physical aspects are not there, it is good experience if you are unable to access the actual procedures in real life.

To me it seems that it applies resistance but it doesn't apply a sense of feedback in terms of feeling, like the different textures and sense of touch, rather it only applies force so that you can feel the resistance when you touch an object, but you won't be able to "feel" the object in terms of its actual makeup/texture.

Like being able to feel something that feels smooth vs something that is coarse and rough, etc.

This is a good first iteration and imo if they can get it to where you can "feel" stuff in terms of different textures and feeling in your hand, that'd be amazing and definitely something that HTC/Oculus should look at.

Last edited:
plus you're not able to feel the weight. Sure it gives you feedback but not much really. I like where the tech might be going but it's far from being something I'd purchase.

Oh Steve, the Japanese have been way ahead of the US. They've been working on force feedback with 3D custom maid 2 and other hentai games for some time, and they really worked hard to integrate Vive/Oculus from the get go. There's USB onaholes for some time by now.

You can embrace you're waifu if you want. [sarcasm]

I saw this somewhere else...cool idea, I was thinking about something like this where it simulates touch by physically stopping your hand movement.

Maybe in the future we can have smart fabric that stiffens up with an electrical impulse to achieve a similar (or even better) result.

Back