VR Exposure Therapy Tool For Veterans Powered by AMD

HardOCP News

[H] News
It’s called Bravemind, and it’s a virtual reality exposure therapy (VRET) simulation to help those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Utilizing an immersive and realistic virtual environment enabled by AMD graphics technologies, Bravemind recreates unique interactive scenarios to help soldiers normalize the experiences they went through. The end result? A huge leap forward in their personal therapy. According to Merkle, “it allowed me to go back in time pretty much, and put me right back in that exact place... and I’m able to process that instead of avoiding it.” By providing his own input to make the scenario more life-like for his situation, Merkle was able to repeatedly experience and process what he went through — in his own words, fast-forwarding his therapy by two to three years.

some folks can practise meditation (tibetan monks and those that train in visual types of meditation) and with practise can visualize events for longer than 10 seconds or up to several minutes (most humans its less than 10sec)... and its used for practising compassion, learning etc i could see this being very helpful for both the patient and those that do not understand "walk a mile in their shoes". however some events id rather forget such as bad person that caused you harm etc. not sure how you can determine which events the patient wants to voluntarily reexperience.

graphic's are probably AMD but rest of the processing is probably Intel.

Back