VR App Will Let You Draw in Mid-Air

HardOCP News

[H] News
Gravity Sketch is a mixed reality 3D creation tool that allows you to draw in 3D and then export your drawing to a 3D printer or a program like SolidWorks. Here's the video from the company's Kickstarter page.

Not sure why you would want to draw via VR? Currently the tools you use are not precise enough to draw something usable. As mentioned above, tilt brush is very cool but it's more like water colors or oil paints. Not sure how well that would print.

Not sure why you would want to draw via VR? Currently the tools you use are not precise enough to draw something usable. As mentioned above, tilt brush is very cool but it's more like water colors or oil paints. Not sure how well that would print.

Might be fun for quick 3D sketches of a part.

I find in presentations most people don't read, some look at pictures. So it's like a picture you can hold in your hand!

Obviously anything important needs CAD...

So like Google Tilt Brush, but with the added ability of 3D printing....nice.

There are export options to allow you to 3D print Tilt Brush objects too. This looks like they're doing 3D CAD in virtual space in a way that's explicitly meant to be prototyped though. Tilt Brush has always been more of an artist's tool.

Am I the only one that thinks drawing in 3D space with those controllers in your hand is going to be a clunky mess? You can do some rudimentary air drawing in Waltz of the Wizard and it is awkward as all get out.

Another quickly developed gimmick for VR. Still waiting to see something serious and worth while for such a huge price tag.

Let's be clear here. This is a very imprecise tool for creating accurate and precise elements that engineers or designers would use. It is simply a 3D sketch tool at this point. I suspect this technology will get to the point it can create accurate 3D models. Right now, it can't.

Back