VPN that appears like a private home internet?

JDBarbar

n00b
I am trying to find a vpn service that appears like home internet. That is, I'd like it to have a dedicated IP, have a location away from a datacenter in a residential neighborhood, and I'd like the ISP to appear to be from a popular provider like Cox. Does anyone offer this service? Is it possible to pull this off without setting it up manually myself?

I'll get a second internet connection and sell you VPN service like you described. Choices are comcast and AT&T. Cost is $350 a month.

I'll get a second internet connection and sell you VPN service like you described. Choices are comcast and AT&T. Cost is $350 a month.
Thanks, but I'll pass. The correct answer is TorGuard's dedicated residential ip service for $14. I ended up finding that out after creating this thread.

I am trying to find a vpn service that appears like home internet. That is, I'd like it to have a dedicated IP, have a location away from a datacenter in a residential neighborhood, and I'd like the ISP to appear to be from a popular provider like Cox. Does anyone offer this service? Is it possible to pull this off without setting it up manually myself?
Not really possible legally unless you agree to the offer above. You could buy an AWS and use it as a VPN/relay quite easily, but that wont meet the home ISP requirement.

Not really possible legally unless you agree to the offer above. You could buy an AWS and use it as a VPN/relay quite easily, but that wont meet the home ISP requirement.
I'm still puzzled as to why a 'home isp' is a requirement.

Yeah, seems like an odd requirement to me. I can't think of many reasons that aren't nefarious.

TBH, if the reasons were truly nefarious, you don't rent a VPN, you just pivot through some poor schmuck's legacy provider router and unpatched windows box.

Back