VPN software for PC?

leSLIe

Fisting is Too Mainstream for Me
I want to transfer large files 400MB - 1,4GB, (Rar files of Autocad stuff) over the Internet, so I want to make a VPN to help me on that.

What is a good VPN software? with encryption perhaps?

Define: PC

got to be specific here as "PC" Could be anything from Windows to *nix to OS X (despite claims, macs are a "PC")

Assuming windows have a look at Softether, it's relatively easy to set up and based on OpenVPN so the security should be good.

Where are you sending it?

VPN is only going to secure traffic between two endpoints. If you are talking about using something like Private Internet Access, or any of the other various VPN software solutions, you are only encrypting the data from your client machine to their servers. It would then be sent unencrypted with a new (anonymous) source IP to your destination.

Oh yes. Windows 7 to Windows 7. And possible Windows 7 to a MacBook too...

From South America to Austria, normal ISPs.
It's just too big to send by email. Two endpoints, like peer to peer?

Pony up for a paid Dropbox/Box/Cloud Storage account? It'll be easier to manage than a VPN given the assumed learning curve. Unless that's also the aim, to learn.

Otherwise take a look at Hamachi, although I haven't used it in years. That's probably the easiest free-ish solution without a configurable endpoint in the mix.

As Nate mentions above, a cloud storage system would be the easier option. But you might also want to consider sFTP for file transfers. It fits between a cloud service and VPN in ease of use and it will cost you nothing.

Back