VPN - IP spoofed, DNS spoofed, but not coordinates?

EnthusiastXYZ

Limp Gawd
As of last few days I notice that browserleaks.com/ip reports something strange on all devices connected to my network - ISP (not VPN) geolocation coordinates, but it reports correctly-spoofed IP and DNS addresses. The host browserleaks/ip reports is your typical/common VPN host - H4Y Technologies. The ISP coordinates that site shows are also coordinates of my (extremely small) town "X". This happens to an entire IP range that is supposed to connect a different city "Y" many miles away from my ISP and from my town "X". Other sites, such as https://whatismyipaddress.com/ do show correct VPN geolocation of city "Y".

This happens on all devices, browsers, etc. This isn't some cookie leftover. The coordinates that browserleaks.com/ip shows are 100% match to my local ISP coordinates. Changing DNS and/or DNS type (plaintext, DNS-over-HTTPS, DNSCrypt, etc.) doesn't change anything. What does this mean?

That like most consumer vpns, they are not hiding you if you look at the right stuff. And if this is a new change, it may be because they changed their service.

Enterprise VPN's tend to be used for remote work connection and their purpose is to be secure, not private. In fact, enterprise VPN's are required to track a lot of employee information and provide it to employer. It is how VPN's originated.

Back