VPN File Shareing questions

Flagg

Limp Gawd
A few friends of mine had an Idea of setting up a VPN between all of our computers, to enable us to easily share files/mp3's etc amongst ourselves. We would control who had access to it, what they can do etc. I know how to setup a basic VPN server with Win2k3 server, but is it possible to"Map" a drive that is located on my friends PC over the vpn connection. So essentially I woudld have my G: drive be one friend H: drive be another I: drive be another.

Cool, second question :) This may be more of what a SAN is used for but its worth a shot. Can you set it up so that 3 drives "appear" as one? In others words you could have 3 different PC's connected in the VPN but only have to look on one "virtual" drive to show whats available on the entire vpn.

Hhhmmm... I don't know if DFS can do that but there is no pint into think about that as you'll need windows server to do it (and it gives you headaches)

Sounds like a good I dea I'm not actually sure how or if it can be done using just provided software, however if you'd like to you can use dynamic disks in 2000 to run a software raid of 3 drive , they'd have to all be in the same computer.

Back