vpn and remote assistance

Rahh

[H]ard|Gawd
Instead of bumping a really old post that died I figured I'd see if I could get some direction in a new one. :\ We have all of our employees connect to our server through VPN and I would like to offer them training/support on some software they use. I don't want to have to be at the server to be able to offer them help if possible. Is there an easy way to go about offering remote assistance through my VPN connection (we're all connected to the same server) to theirs?

I guess what I'm needing is some noobie direction on how to get started?

Personally I've tried all options and I found TightVNC to be the easiest and most flexible solution.

I would implement TightVNC on every remote machine (actually any machine on the LAN as well), think of some unique password scheme so each machine has a different password

it has very little overhead, does everything you need it to and will allow you to offer remote assistance to your users.

If you're connected via VPN then just RDP to the client PC's IP address or name, assuming all the PC's are enabled for remote access.

I purchased GoToMeeting, from the makers of GoToMyPC and GoToAssist. Take a peek at GoToAssist also. Makes life so easy for me for clients who I can't get to in a hurry, especially in other states.

You don't need to worry about end users firewalls either or the VPN connection...it's easy to setup and have them connect to right from their home. Does shadowing also, so you both see their desktop, and what each other is doing on it.

Or if they VPN in and they don't need to see what you're doing...just Remote Desktop Client to their PC.

Or if they VPN in and you both need to see their desktop...slap on something like UltraVNC.

Back