VPN and access to the local shared folder

JackTheKnife

Limp Gawd
I have an issue with VPN access to the local shared folder (Vista) which suddenly stopped to work. VPN is connecting to the remote host properly. I can log in to the remote router, access remote web server and FTP (both services on linux machine) but can't access sherd folder which is on the Vista machine.

Any idea what can be wrong (closed some ports on router/computer)? Thanks

How are you accessing the shared folder? UNC path? Drive mapping?

Did you check the permissions on the Shared folder, and also the NTFS permissions?

I had used UNC path and drive mapping before - now both ways stopped to work. I have checked permission to the shared folder and I can access it from another computer when I'm one same LAN as Vista machine.

Can you access other services from the Vista workstation?

I'm trying to understand if those network resources are on the same network. Can you even ping the Vista workstation remotely? Is the DNS resolving properly?

Computer which is trying to connect over VPN is on the 192.168.1.x network and Vista is on 192.168.2.x network and I can ping it from any computer from same network but not from VPNed machince. DNS is resolving properly - as I mentioned I can access linux server.

Back