• Jerome P. Yoner

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • tmossman01

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • miceter

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skillz, thanks for nominating me, even if I don't win just being nominated makes me happy :)

Quick! Someone else vote!

Yeah, I'm a n00bie, Brandon. Long time lurker, just don't say much.

CV, I may add a 1080Ti or two, just depends. Don't think Vega is going to touch it much, just wary of the latest Nv drivers.

Quick! Someone else vote!

Yeah, I'm a n00bie, Brandon. Long time lurker, just don't say much.

CV, I may add a 1080Ti or two, just depends. Don't think Vega is going to touch it much, just wary of the latest Nv drivers.
You may not ... step beside noobie and let me pass ... i can sell you two 780Ti, looking nice too. Special offer just for you let say 800$ each. Will put some magic pony on top. :whistle:

Last edited:
Hi Pututu, I'm glad to see you! Your username sounds so funny, it put a smile on my face :D
You're welcome. Don't hesitate to post any questions about DC (distributed computing) in general (both folding and crunching) as we have many experience folders/crunchers here. Our aim here is to help science, have fun, chest thumping, tinkering with new/used/obsolete hardware and making friends along the way...

So, every time someone votes, you are notified? Or is that if anyone votes for you then you are notifbed?

He was referring to me nominating him for the poll in another thread. To get in the polls someone has to nominate you.

Our aim here is to help science, have fun, chest thumping, tinkering with new/used/obsolete hardware and making friends along the way...

Don't forget e-peen!

Mine is smaller than yours, BTW.

And trash talk! A rare few know how to trash talk!

I can't confirm if yours is smaller than mine as my eyesight is not so good... :facepalm:

What do we do with the tie breaker now?

Someone do this
upload_2017-3-5_20-52-30.png
button, second vote runoff or toss a coin? <suspense, music...>

You're welcome. Don't hesitate to post any questions about DC (distributed computing) in general (both folding and crunching) as we have many experience folders/crunchers here. Our aim here is to help science, have fun, chest thumping, tinkering with new/used/obsolete hardware and making friends along the way...

I'll approach you for sure for any thing. Thankyou pututu :)

He was referring to me nominating him for the poll in another thread. To get in the polls someone has to nominate you.

Oh thanks for explaining things to the n00bie... I'm glad to see that you people welcome newcomers wholeheartedly ...

I'm glad to see that you people welcome newcomers wholeheartedly ...
Inside those voting threads is a higher risk for trash talk (ok, actually not). Outside in regular threads newcomers are always welcomed ... :) and our best to help with any DC-question you might have

It's overdue and time to close the voting....

O man ; i need vacation ... i already posted (and deleted) congrats to tmossman01 while the race is still on ...

Need to fold myself into my bed and get some sleep

Thanks lelliot731, I will vote for you again!

Meanwhile, CV is almost congratulating me while adding some horsepower to his folding, edging me out on points the last couple of days... Couldn't you have waited for the 1080Ti drop?

Thanks lelliot731, I will vote for you again!

Meanwhile, CV is almost congratulating me while adding some horsepower to his folding, edging me out on points the last couple of days... Couldn't you have waited for the 1080Ti drop?

No ... my target was to congratulate you and then kick your butt one rank down in the daily stats ...might be my timings are a bit (lot) off this time around ... :confused:

But my hoster offered some 1080 "server" with an i7 6700 I could not resist. It will be nearly the same cost compared to what I would have to invest in hardware and energy (not even included the compensating a/c in summer time). -> as a consequence you will soon be one rank down.

What you can do: get a 1080Ti and pass me again. Good for science, bad for our retirement funds. ;)

Last edited:
That's my main concern, I need to start saving money, not spending it all. So hard, plus I'm married, so I have to deal with the wife being mad every time I add hardware :)

I can afford to add one more box, I believe. I just haven't decided what to put in the box. I am probably getting 2 1080 Ti's (looks like I am going to have to wait for a bit, since I did not preorder) in some kind of box. I would like to see some DC numbers for Ryzen before deciding what to shoot for in the box.

Cheers all,
Moss.

Congrats man.

Currently in flight on my way home. Gonna restart my mowers and cutting.

Back