Vote for the March [H]ardest Working Boxen!

Vote for the [H]ardest Working Boxen!

• 402blownstroker

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • R-Type

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Untitledone

Votes: 20 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Untitledone

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2012
Here they are in all their glory! Vote for the [H]ardest Working Boxen!

402blownstroker:

402blownstrokersr2a.jpg

402blownstrokersr2b.jpg

402blownstrokersr2c.jpg

R-Type:

9Ap9C.jpg

AZEET.jpg

eKbAs.jpg

Untitledone:

8PSocketF052.jpg

8PSocketF043.jpg

8PSocketF044.jpg

Damn 402blownstroker, you were not kidding when you said imageshack was a pain in the ass. Took me a few minutes to find out how to make the pictures link, all I was getting was an X image and I tried 3 different links. Then I got a silly thumbnail to link! Had to edit the URL manually and get rid of .th to make the full images load.

Sorry, the other boxes are nice, but I have to vote UntitledOne by virtue of the fact that it looks like he is still using a CRT!

Sorry, the other boxes are nice, but I have to vote UntitledOne by virtue of the fact that it looks like he is still using a CRT!

That is pretty [H].

I'm not sure if having a CRT or using IPMI is [H]arder.

That is pretty [H].

Def'n the CRT is harder.

IPMI is just a PITA because you have to have the right browser, java version and celestial alignment to make it work. (Honestly, I have a VM with the right combination on my USB stick, just to be able to use the Dell DRAC (Their version of IPMI))

Where's your box Kendrak? I thought it was pretty [H]ard...or ghetto...or both

The CRT, the PATA hard drive, the board in between the mobos sections, the old mouseman...that 8P rig just owns everything.

I just threw away some PATA cables. So nice to see somebody showing those cables some love.

By the way, I found another good use for HpCloud services. HpCloud is hosting the images in my build thread :)
That is great! Much better than imageshack...

Don't forget paper bags to support the weight of the CRT!
Hey man! I needed to protect the carpet from the hacked up cabinet! It is old, and had been exposed to the elements for some time lol.

The CRT, the PATA hard drive, the board in between the mobos sections, the old mouseman...that 8P rig just owns everything.

The HDD is out of one of my grandpa's HP computers, it is 60GB circa 2002. Yes, that mouse is old... It has a rolly ball in it! That CRT is the same model as my old monitor I used up until about 6 months ago haha. The beige CRT is from 2002, and my silver/black 955 is from 2004 (has great color) which I used on my 2P X5570 after I retired the CRT lol. I have a 27" LCD now and the color is not as good, and the black is not as dark.

That is pretty [H].

CRT is pretty [H]ardcore, especially when I had two of them! Samsung 955's. They are 19" and weigh about 50lbs lol.

Haha, this was fun. I was not expecting to be in the lead lol. That thing can do 514K PDD on 6903, and 540K on 6904. I have crappy 512k upload DSL (430Kbps real) and that puts it around 468-475K PPD average with my crappy internet.

I have crappy 512k upload DSL (430Kbps real) and that puts it around 468-475K PPD average with my crappy internet.

Considering the components you used in your rig, dialup for your internet would seem fitting. :D

Hey, most of that stuff was free! I think even dialup costs more than that!

Am I the only one that noticed the toilet paper on the table? :eek:

Back