Vote for my next mouse... serious!

Which mouse should the mouse whore get next?

• Roccat Kone

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • MS Sidewinder x8

Votes: 23 12.2%
  • Alienware Tact X

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Razer Mamba

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Votes: 39 20.7%
  • Logitech MX 1100 Cordless Laser Mouse

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Just wait for the Cyborg RAT

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Other (Please state what)

Votes: 53 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mousewhores of [H] UNITE!

meeces.jpg

big shot of razerrzzz

yes, they are very dirty and i am very naughty for not preserving them

While not as bad as some, I had a fair amount before my recent sell off.

Mice.jpg

Notice that all are well cared form :p

As far as the Ozone Radon goes... ...someone else said they had this problem as well with theirs.
That would be me! I got the Radon 3K a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't really used it too much as I've grown too attached to my TactX. Anyway, I don't feel quite as harsh toward the Radon as Siluro does. The shape is perhaps a little unusual, and I think suited to larger hands than mine (my hands are small-medium) I played with the Radon again yesterday while I was editing my mousepad comparison, it feels wide and you are obliged to use the pinky rest otherwise it's too uncomfortable:

• There is a ridge on the top right which may be intended as a ring finger rest, useful for those folk who prefer to use their middle finger to cover the right button.
  • On the right hand side wall there is a bump that pretty much forces the pinky to rest on the upper half of the side.
  • Holding this way (with plam grip) is OK, but still the Imperator blows it out of the water for comfort
The shape could work for some people, but I don't think the asking price is right. It's a bit too expensive for what it is. The side and middle buttons feel a little cheap in action, other buttons are OK but nothing special. The textured plastic surface material is nice, but the back foot can scrape the mousepad too much if there is too much weight pressing down at the rear. I don't think that will be much problem for hard pads, anyone using a wrist rest, anyone palm gripping with balanced weight distribution, or low sense types who don't rest their wrists on the desk.

It does have one interesting feature - you can choose where the able exits the body: left side, right side, front left, front middle or front right.

Just a little bump with my own:

dscn2871q.jpg

From left to right: Ozone Radon 3k. Microsoft MS 3.0, Razer Diamondback 3G, Razer Deathadder, Nova Slider x600.

Ozone Radon scrapes the mousepad when you are pulling back, the Nova Slider X600 is broken and won't track properly, I've contacted their customer support and they told me they'd send me a new one after I gave them an address, been 2 weeks without any sign of it or response... The Deathadder you may have noticed doesn't have the rubber coating. I tried taking it off with many things and eventually used nail polish, however that was a stupid idea and I melted the bottom of the mouse as well as the top a bit, still works fine but I wish I didn't try that... So for now the ms 3.0 is my favorite, really enjoying it out of everything I've tried including those above and many more (Logitech, Steelseries)

The product page you listed said October 2010... I thought you didn't like the shape of that mouse?

The grip was good, it was the pre-set DPI's that were crap along with the sensor jitter if you tried to turn down the mouse sensitivity to make 800 (the lowest setting) seem like 200dpi. The lack of a readout so you could actually tell what setting you were on was also FAIL. All light-show, no practical advantages over what else it out there.

Logitech G9x. Just got mine last week. Love it.

^ Its not on the list for a reason, if you bothered reading the first post, you would see that I already have it. Thanks for nothing though, hope you brush up on those readin' skillz.

mice is really a personal preference; i like the logitech gear as a general rule
currently using a g7 (but also have the revolution, 500, 510 on other systems/laptops etc)
my favourite mouse of all time is the MX1000 (still pissed i sold it)

I went back to my old and worn-out MX518 from a DeathAdder, and I gotta say the next mouse I'm buying will be another MX518.

Kone + is up for sale on medusa-usa... $105 is pretty much overkill though, but it's out maybe you can find it cheaper elsewhere...

I've seen the Kone+ go for around $80 but I'd never consider spending that much on a mouse ever again.

ive got a Cooler Master Sentinel Advance coming tomorrow from the Egg. My danged G3 died :( but im really looking forward to messing around with the new mouse and seeing what it can do. The LCD on the mouse is nice but it isnt what attracted me to it. The software looks to be very intuitive and has tons of features to adjust. So fine tuning hopefully will not be a problem.

ive got a Cooler Master Sentinel Advance coming tomorrow from the Egg. My danged G3 died :( but im really looking forward to messing around with the new mouse and seeing what it can do. The LCD on the mouse is nice but it isnt what attracted me to it. The software looks to be very intuitive and has tons of features to adjust. So fine tuning hopefully will not be a problem.
As long as you can live with the sensor...

As long as you can live with the sensor...

I've used many mice with the twin-eye sensor, including the Sentinel. And under testing conditions (bouncing the mouse vertically), they all exhibited the cursor jump. But under normal conditions of gaming or normal usage, the cursor never bounced once. I've noticed that with when you move the mouse and then pick it up to reposition, the cursor hop doesn't happen. The hop only happens when I bounce the mouse repeatedly. So I say go for the Sentinel. I found the tracking quite nice on it.

I've used many mice with the twin-eye sensor, including the Sentinel. And under testing conditions (bouncing the mouse vertically), they all exhibited the cursor jump. But under normal conditions of gaming or normal usage, the cursor never bounced once. I've noticed that with when you move the mouse and then pick it up to reposition, the cursor hop doesn't happen. The hop only happens when I bounce the mouse repeatedly. So I say go for the Sentinel. I found the tracking quite nice on it.
I have a Sentinel and it does the cursor jump every time I pick it up. It also has the cursor jitter issue when one of the mouse buttons is rapidly clicked, which was very annoying. There are a lot of things I like about the mouse, but those two problems just made it a pain in the ass to use, especially compared to both my Alienware TactX and my G500, which have extremely precise tracking and don't suffer from any major issues.

Im begining to think that a great feature on a mouse would be a button that 'disconnects' the sensor when you press it, allowing you to move the mouse around as if you were lifting it, but without having to lift it. It would be a very easy thing to just mod into a mouse as well if you wanted to open the mouse up and add a small button to the side (I'm thinking a pinky button). Then mice like the Mionix Naos 5000 (which I find hard to pick up) wouldn't need to be lifted. This would also solve things like all those jitter problems.

The Cyba Snipa Silencer is what gave me the idea. It has a button called 'lift' on it which allows you to set the maximum height that you can lift the mouse before it will no longer track... when I first saw it I thought it was a button to do the idea I was thinking about above, but no. Its a cool idea none the less (setting the max tracking height), and it does exactly what it says... works well too I should note... but a button that just disconnected the sensor while held down is even easier and makes more sense to me...

G500... JKJKJK

LoL.

I'm a Razer DeathAdder user myself, and i love it. I am thinking of getting the mamba, as it's a "neater" and optional wireless version of the DeathAdder essentially, but I love it, won't ever go back. =)

G500... JKJKJK

LoL.

I'm a Razer DeathAdder user myself, and i love it. I am thinking of getting the mamba, as it's a "neater" and optional wireless version of the DeathAdder essentially, but I love it, won't ever go back. =)

Don't give up your Deathadder for a Mamba, or any mouse using the Twin Eye for that matter.

If price is a concern, go for the 518. If you want a little more function, G500. The RAT7 looks pretty cool, too, but definitely not my first choice.

hey undertheradar, in your opinion which is the best out of ....

logitech g9x, g500
gigabyte m8000x

im really torn between the three and seeing how you have a lot of....hand time... with them which do you prefer?

hey undertheradar, in your opinion which is the best out of ....

logitech g9x, g500
gigabyte m8000x

im really torn between the three and seeing how you have a lot of....hand time... with them which do you prefer?

I have the all the logitech mouses, but never a Gigabyte. Out of all the mouses I like the G500 best because its a mixture of Performance and comfort. The G9x was never comfortable to me, the G7 and Mx Revolution was. The G500 is kind of a cross over in that sense that it has the laser of the G9x and the comfort and large grip of the G7, but no wireless. Get the G500 if you want a logitech mouse, I have the complete set and I think the G500 is the best yet.

Back