Vote for my next mouse... serious!

Which mouse should the mouse whore get next?

• Roccat Kone

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • MS Sidewinder x8

Votes: 23 12.2%
  • Alienware Tact X

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Razer Mamba

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Votes: 39 20.7%
  • Logitech MX 1100 Cordless Laser Mouse

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Just wait for the Cyborg RAT

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Other (Please state what)

Votes: 53 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe I've just been lucky but I love my Steelseries Xai. Awesome mice and I have yet to see any of the QC issues that undertheradar has seen.

I love my Logitech G500.

^^^ Im going to assume you are just messing with me and not just another G500 'spam-boy' moron. If you were serious in suggesting that mouse, I can't possibly write the string of insults that you deserve for actually posting that. So here is a poem (I dont write poems ever, but I feel inspired).

Ode to the G500 fanboys;
you spam and spam that name.
In every thread you think might be about mice,
"G500" is all you write.
You dont even bother reading,
to qualify your response to the OP,
so you might as well be reading a thread
about how someone has "mice in their basement",
and all you will write
is 'G500'
again,
and again,
again,
again,
and again.
You are like annoying locusts in the world of mice,
Im sure that long after this poll is over,
and people have left this thread to die,
another one of you maggots will type:
"The G500 is the best mouse EVAR",
without even bothering to read...

Spamming fanboy illiterate morons.
You should be banned from this forum.

Cause of you i intend to buy the Fireglider, here on ebay germany theres the black edition for only 30 $. i am quite sure it ueses a rubber coating. Somehow they sell tons of it in both variations. Or maybe i get the Gigabyte here on a local shop. Hard choice. :) Or later both hmm... na i think the fireglider first :) and i'll think later of the gm8000.

Edit: So, Fireglider bought, i intend to compare it to my xai later on.

You've alluded to it already, but this is probably the most important attribute to describe in a meaningful way. Hand size and grip style make for radically different personal experiences of subtle mouse shape changes, so I'm not sure how to reconcile that with grouping similar families of mice. e.g. to a few people the Razer Imperator looks like complete rip off of the Logitech G5/518/7 family, but the Razer's less pronounced droop of the snout makes it easier to reach the buttons and finger tip hold for smaller hands.

I'm thinking some kind of fit guide/chart, possibly with photos, but definterly including as many critical dimensions as possible. It could be far too much work to maintain however as there would be lots of useful to know details, just for button locations the list could be:

* left button height from desk surface
* left button distance from rear of mouse
* right button height from desk surface
* right button distance from rear of mouse
* scroll wheel height from desk surface
* scroll wheel distance from rear of mouse
* side button x height from desk surface
* side button x distance from rear of mouse
* side button y height from desk surface
* side button y distance from rear of mouse
* side button z height from desk surface
* side button z distance from rear of mouse

various widths and heights of available contact points left and right - very complex for contoured mice. Which dimensions are critical to know? What is important only for very small or very large hands? Is any dimension genuinely universal so it can be left off the chart?
Please lets do it, i will help. I always said they give us too less information, they don't even tell us the weight without cable. But your ideas are great.

Last edited:
rinthe, read the first post. -_- he said he already has mice in the same shape for example the g7, he has no interest in it becasue its not inovative, not different etc. also for me if a mouse gets fanboyed so much i like it being bashed, maybe its also true for him.

what's wrong with the logitech g500?

If any of the G500 fanboys would read they would realize that I already have a G500 or G5, so suggesting one is pointless, which is why I left it off the list. Yet it seems like the G500 spamboys just keep typing "G500" over and over... It is really annoying when people read the title, jump to conclusions based on that, and blurt out something without even seeing if it applies, wouldn't you say? In another thread, a guy asks "wired vs. wireless, which is better for gaming?", and the spamboys (I bet one of them is a g-rilla marketer) just start posting "Razer Deathadder" and "Logitech G500"... answers that dont even apply to the question asked. I went back and looked at some of these spamboys history of post, and I STRONGLY suspect that there are some non-english speaking product spammers here that just copy and paste multiple posts about "I love my Logitech Deathass mouse" without reading (or even being able to). These guys need get their posting priv's revoked. If you are just one of those fanboys who reads any mouse thread title and posts "G500" without even reading, you just look stupid.

i see. what I get from your posts is that g500 sucks, which is why I asked.

Wait, so I say "dont bother suggesting the G500" (because I knew just from the thread name that people would start spamming 'G500' before I even posted it) and this makes you assume that I dont like it? Geez... you G500 fanboys are a hyper-sensitive bunch...lol.

Lachesis. razer says it is for claw and palm grip. people say its very nice with claw and you can't palm it which is what a review also says,but to me it looks like finger tip and i think those people just meant finger tip. Anyway if you want to buy it see it as a mouse you can not palm. Interesting shape for sure.

Another one would be the Silverstone Raven Mouse "SST-RVM01B",

Last edited:
Mx518, death adder or an ie 3.0
The only gaming mice worth considering
Optical goodness

Ah forget my suggestion about Lachesis, its boring, should be like the copperhead or diamondback.

Have new ones:

-SCOPE NODE Mouse

-Nova Slider x600 with its mousepad Over slide which is said to work only very good with those special mouse feet the x600 has.

I don't think he's looking for any new mice, but I would not recommend the Nova Slider X600 to anyone... It has a few issues...

First off it's too small, and the whole ring finer and pinky holder idea just doesn't work out on a mouse at all the ikari was far better even though that didn't quite satisfy me either. Your fingers felt 'cramped' together...

Second, the ceramic feet make this thing VERY slick, but honestly too much so... I could slide the mouse around by bending the cable it was so easy to slide around that it was rather difficult to make the more difficult slow shots...

Lastly this thing SKIPS like crazy on all my cloth mousepads, and I've tried 4 including the Supermat, Goliathus Speed, and Mionix Alioth. It's just unusable. It works on the only plastic pad I happen to own, but again the whole friction thing is just out of control on plastic....

I don't use low sensitivities nor have I ever seen a mouse that skips so badly, it will jitter even if you do not move the mouse on your desktop...

Why say "hell no" to the DeathAdder?

Razer had to move the sun and the earth to get me to swap out my MX510. They did that with the DeathAdder. While I dreamt of upgrading to the Lachesis or Mamba, the mice felt too long when I actually went hands on.

The DeathAdder is still the only mouse for me.

The Deathadder 3G is a great mouse. I would have been perfectly happy if they used the sensor in that mouse for the rest of their lineup instead of the Philips Twin-eye.

Why say "hell no" to the DeathAdder?
see post 10 of this thread? and maybe because Razer discontinued the good DeathAdder and revamped it with a sensor that is not so well liked?

Last edited:
Dell.ca is running a sale for the Alienware Tactx until August 6th (or until they run out of stock). $39.99 + their usual free shipping.

Figured at that price what the hell? 'Bout time I upgraded my g9 for the new sensor and the Tactx may provide the slight difference in form factor that I feel I need over the base g9/g9x.

Dell.ca is running a sale for the Alienware Tactx until August 6th (or until they run out of stock). $39.99 + their usual free shipping.

Figured at that price what the hell? 'Bout time I upgraded my g9 for the new sensor and the Tactx may provide the slight difference in form factor that I feel I need over the base g9/g9x.

er, isnt the tactix just a rebranded g9?

It's a re-branded g9x with a slightly different form. Exactly what I said in my post with different wording.

Razer Mamba won? The fact that mouse has only a 3hr. battery life and takes 4hrs. to recharge makes it a non-contender IMO.

Out of all these mice you have purchased what are the ones you would actually recommend someone to buy? My Lachesis just died so I am looking for something new.

Well, I now own every 'major' gaming mouse out there, except these:
anything Razer
anything Steel Series
Qpad 5K (looks like a Naos clone but simplified... so why bother?)
TactX (obviously a G9 clone)

What I do have and would suggest:
Logitech G7: no (proprietary battery, sometimes jittery response/lag)
Logitech MX1100: yes, actually a great gaming mouse although not intended, bottom thumb button is perfect and something I wish more mice had.
Logitech Performance MX: yes, see MX1100 in most regards...
Logitech MX Revolution: 50/50... proprietary battery, side wheel is sorta pointless, great grip.
Logitech G9/G9x: yes, but beware the claw grip
Logitech G700: yes, yes, yes... no weights, but I dont care, great button assignment flexibility, more buttons, really makes multiple profiles worth it, lighter than MS x8, charger is well done but not as good as x8; its a thicker, wonky cord... wouldnt want to use it while charging. If only you could get the killer macros like the CM Inferno or Sharkoon, and an OLED DPI indicator with actual numbers (Storm Sentinel Advance or MS x8), this would be the ultimate mouse. Could use slightly better thumb button placement (sorta close together, but ridges give great feel, could go more vertical or spread out like x8, maybe a pinky button or secondary left click)... but this is an instant classic... my suggestions are only what would make this the best mouse ever...I think its the lightest wireless so far...
Microsoft x8: yes, but only if you have larger hands, vertical thumb buttons rock, 3 dpi select buttons rule, a DPI readout with actual NUMBERS that are easy to read with a glance (good placenment)!!! Charger wire and plug are AWESOME. Top button in palm is useless. Kinda heavy, feet make scraping sound on my steelseries SX pad.
Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance: Yes, only other DPI readout with NUMBERS!!! Great OLED readout that I wish all mice had, althouth this one is a bit harder to read due to placement and small font. Good all-arounder, but I would get the MS x8 instead if you want the DPI readout since its not much more and wireless. L/R click buttons felt a little narrow for my mits, grip is a bit narrow.
Cooler Master Inferno: No, cant tell where thumb buttons are they are so close and flush, although the extra two L/R mouse buttons could substitute, but also make finger width very narrow, great macro software (you may want it just for the 'full auto' software!!!)... but the thumb buttons kill it for me, as well as the software that always messes with the sensitivity when starting, poor DPI adjustment range (no low end for sniping). Adding grippy stickers to thumb buttons really helps... DPI buttons also hard to 'feel out'.
Sharkoon Fireglider: Yes, but beware that the thumb buttons are a bit high, DPI indicators/switch only good for up to 3 sensitivities. One of my faves if you can stomach the 'fire' look, all this for $37!!!... great macro software... second small left-click set to 'treble click' or full auto is awesome for FPS's.
RAT7: No, adjustment only for small and medium hands and altough adjustable... still cant find comfort. 'sniper' button is great idea, but so hard to press its worthless.
Roccat Kone: No, a light show and high price do not a great mouse make. No DPI indicators although 6 levels possible, but only preset levels with nothing below 800... if you try to lower sensitivity to compensate, then it jitters/loses tracking ALOT.
Speedlink Kudos: Meh.... very nice feel, but for the price? These are complete drivers?... suspect same OEM/maker as Gigabyte m8000x, only one button to cycle through DPI's (although it has an indicator), has a great grip and feel though... I cant deny that, but just not worth it.
Gigabyte m8000x: yes... great all around mouse, nothing exotic like extra buttons or super macro software, but great all-arounder with a a good grip and feel...
Mionix Naos 5000: No, grip is hard to pick up and surface quality is pointless IMO, waaay overpriced.
Cyba Snipa Silencer: first day using it... too early to tell... I like it so far other than the thumb DPI switch feel. 'Lift' button is a great feature. Double ridge grip is making my pinky and ring finger sore, so I will try the other one that it comes with...
Rude Fierce: Yes, its got a nice grip you can pick up, basic, and for the price its good, only used it for 3 days so far... an exact clone of the Roccat Saiph 3200 or Qpad 5k.
Did I miss any?

My Favorites: Sharkoon Fireglider (best budget mouse), G700 (wireless, will likely dominate like the G500), MS x8 (now I cant pick between this and the G700), Giga-byte m8000x (great wired mouse that covers all the basics very well).

Last edited:
Perhaps I should start looking into some secondary offerings...
Mionix Naos 3200?
http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=naos3200
Saiph 3200
http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=3200
... actually, other than the texture of the rubber on the thumb grip, this looks to be the EXACT same mouse as the Rude Fierce.

Looks like there is a new Kone_+ model...
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kone-/

Roccat Kova:
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Mice/ROCCAT-Kova/

Speedlink Styx:
http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=3111&pid=21582&paus=1

Cyba Snipa Stinger:
http://www.cybersnipa.com/us/gaming...hp?PHPSESSID=04680be72cd0727ffbccf99d7f98a888

Ozone Radon 5K:
http://www.medusa-usa.com/ozone-radon-5k-laser-5600dpi-gaming-mouse-p-1002.html

Last edited:
The naos 3200 is really the same as the 5000, which you said you didn't like why would you get one?

The Saiph I'm pretty sure is the exact same as the fierce, no point really, probably can use the Mionix drivers on your Fierce though. :)

If the Kone + has the Avego sensor (probably using the twin eye though) it might have the jitter thing you mentioned on the first model fixed, and hopefully nothing breaks...

Kova just seems to have a terrible shape, and they break a lot as well

I don't really know what to say about the Cyber Snipa or the Speedlink Styx...

As far as the Ozone Radon goes... I have the 3k, I would highly NOT recommend it to anyone, if you want to give it a test drive maybe we can arrange some sort of trade, but otherwise it would be a total waste of your time and especially money... I think it has a terrible shape that could not suit anyone, and on top of that I think there's a build quality issue with all of them, when I move my mouse backwards there's a scraping feeling (and marks left on a cloth pad), someone else said they had this problem as well with theirs.

Back