Vote for my next mouse... serious!

Which mouse should the mouse whore get next?

• Roccat Kone

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • MS Sidewinder x8

Votes: 23 12.2%
  • Alienware Tact X

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Razer Mamba

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Votes: 39 20.7%
  • Logitech MX 1100 Cordless Laser Mouse

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • Just wait for the Cyborg RAT

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Other (Please state what)

Votes: 53 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hey undertheradar, in your opinion which is the best out of ....

logitech g9x, g500
gigabyte m8000x

im really torn between the three and seeing how you have a lot of....hand time... with them which do you prefer?
If I recall correctly undertheradar disliked Logitech mice and I think he rated the Gigabyte m8000x his favorite at one point in time...

That being said if I were you I would go for the Gigabyte, it just looks like a much nicer shape for your hand (looks a little like IE 3.0/Deathadder shape) when compared to the G500. Also if I'm not mistaken all 3 mice have the same sensor...

I can't comment on the G9x other than that it's made for claw grip gamers, the G500 for palm, and the M8000x may work for both styles of grip (closer to palm from the looks of it).

The other nice thing about the m8000x is that on newegg I think there's a little rebate and it comes included with a large gaming mousepad that looks really attractive to my eyes (large, cloth).

I would definitely go for the Gigabyte.

I tried the death adder out at bestbuy and just didnt like the way it felt so I knew I wouldnt want it :p.

If I recall correctly undertheradar disliked Logitech mice and I think he rated the Gigabyte m8000x his favorite at one point in time...

That being said if I were you I would go for the Gigabyte, it just looks like a much nicer shape for your hand (looks a little like IE 3.0/Deathadder shape) when compared to the G500. Also if I'm not mistaken all 3 mice have the same sensor...

I can't comment on the G9x other than that it's made for claw grip gamers, the G500 for palm, and the M8000x may work for both styles of grip (closer to palm from the looks of it).

The other nice thing about the m8000x is that on newegg I think there's a little rebate and it comes included with a large gaming mousepad that looks really attractive to my eyes (large, cloth).

I would definitely go for the Gigabyte.

I like the G9 and G9x, despite the fact that they tend to make my middle finger lock up and get sore from time to time. Got nothing against the Logitech stuff... I like alot of their stuff actually... Im just sick of the G500 fanboys spamming that model all over (and here) when anyone asks anything mouse related. You could ask "whats the best mouse from Razer to replace my G500" and some dumbass would just spam "Logitech G500".

Im actually loving the G700. But sure enough, I went back to my Skarkoon Fireglider. Cheesey fire graphics aside, its a killer mouse. I really wanted the CM storm inferno to work... those extra left and right click buttons are sweet, but those thumb buttons are a nightmare to feel which is which. Had to put it back in the box...lol.

My favorites, oddly enough, are the Rude Fierce, Sharkoon Fireglider, Giga-byte m8000x, and Logitech G700.

I recently ordered the Razer TRON mouse... the pinky buttons interest me. I hear its a small mouse thoug, but I'll take a crack at it.

Cheap you say? :p

Untitled.jpg

The girlfriend even sat at my computer today (unusual), and grabbed my mouse. She exclaimed, "whoah, this one is nice... it feels perfect and it slides sooo slick."

It was the fireglider. She wants one, so I think Ill order her the black one.

where can you get one shipped from in america? I cant find the fireglider for sale anywhere here. Im either gonna get a fireglider or a m8000x if i cant find the fireglider.

Zipzoomfly had them, I'm not sure if they are still in buisness... But something that looks almost as if it was made in the same factory, take a look at the Raptor Gaming 000RAPLM3.

thats was the first place I looked since that where undertheradar said thats where he got his. But its outta stock arghhh

This is the Microsoft Intelli-Explorer mouse that everyone should AVOID, even if they are on sale.
prod_top-m_imex.jpg

Seems like a decent mouse, though I don't like the recoil compensation and 180 degree button, at least for multiplayer. I feel that it should be the player's responsibility to deal with recoil.
Those are just examples they give of things you can do with their software. You don't need to use any of it.

Interesting. Seems like a total clone of the Fireglider (methinks sharkoon makes if for them though, sorta like speedlink makes roccat).

edit: I take that back... A4tech is obviously the OEM... I see a dozen mice that look like the fireglider in their listings... wow. I wonder what the OEM for the Mionix/Qpad/Rude/Steelseries bodies is.

If someone wants a Fireglider in black in the US, this place seems to be providing:
http://www.langtoninfo.com/showitem.aspx?isbn=4044951010042

Also, I take it this is the same company...
http://www.a4tech.com/

Last edited:
I wanted to chime in again...

While I hate the Roccat Kone for a few reasons listed before, I gotta say that they did resolve the problems with the Kone "plus" version. I dont know that it is worth the $$$, but it actually is a much better mouse. It still could use an extra button or two, as even its own software seems to hint at needing one or two more buttons, but for anyone looking at Roccat, dont waste your money on the Kone, get the Kone +.

Last edited:
So its a been a year, choose a mouse yet?

You'll always get people suggesting G500 because people generally don't read 13 pages of posts, especially when answering a thread title (such as this) takes such little thought and effort. Although people usually don't take a year to decide on a mouse. So people are generally just throwing out their quick thought, most people probably assume this thread is only a few days old.

I guess i'd be frustrated too if it took me a year to decide on a mouse and you have to say no to the G500 for a year.

Basically im poking fun at the fact that you should've started a new thread a long time ago, since the originally topic obviously no longer applies, another reason why people are gonna troll you on G500.

I've used a MX518, for 6ish years, and i like it.

I did start a new thread... didn't matter. This thread would have to be locked out.

I like my fireglider. It could benefit from a couple things, but overall its the mouse I keep coming back to. I even ordered one of the black ones from the UK. As for those upgrades that it could use, it looks like the OEM; A4tech or x7, has a mouse that is a more recent version. It seems to add things like the side-scroll mouse wheel, better thumb button placement, etc... so Im trying to get my hands on them.

Did you ever try any of the Dharma Point mice? I feel there must be Western clones kicking about, but if not it looks like an import from Japan or Korea. http://www.dharmapoint.com/products A few of these have good feedback, but possible negatives about the quirky sensor placement. I was interested as one user on ESR raved about the shape for smaller hands, but I realised my TactX is smaller anyway, so now I'm less bothered about trying them.

I see you just mentioned the X7 (A4-tech) stuff, I just came to this thread after browsing the product list - it's quite funny seeing all those OEM versions of familiar mice, some people must really regret paying big bucks for the Western re-brands. The 5-way thumb switch looks interesting on the latest X7's, but I'm not sure if it would be that nice to use in practice. Is that what you're after?

Don't buy the dharma point DRTCM15/12 if you play low sens fps. At best, it's a great rts mouse. Stick to tried and true centered position.

Last edited:
Instead of putting the G500, you should have put the new G700.... definitely recommend you check that one out. Its got the old school, killer curved thumb design that nobody seems to make anymore. the blue Mouseman Wheel with the blue logitech logo, that mouse rocked! I am glad logitech made another mouse like it, and its even a gamer mouse!

Instead of putting the G500, you should have put the new G700....
check the thread start date, check undertheradar's signature :) it's worth having a read of the whole thread, start with the last pages and work back if it looks like too much, but there are some good summaries of undertheradar's comparisons

I did start a new thread... didn't matter. This thread would have to be locked out.
Maybe you could start a new thread with just your comparisons and comments on each mouse? could be mostly cut & paste of your key posts from this thread. Then you could link the new thread in the original and last posts of this thread before requesting it be locked.

Or just retitle this thread: "suggest a mouse that isn't the G500" and see how many more recommendations for the G500 are posted :p

A new mouse enters the fray...
http://www.rudegameware.com/index.p...e/fierce-5000-dpi-laser-gaming-mouse-v-2.html

http://www.amazon.com/Rude-Gameware-Fierce-Laser-Gaming/dp/B004SGW3TI

Rude Fierce 5000 or "v2"

And another: The Gigabyte M8600. Based on their last mouse, and from the preliminary looks, I have high hopes for this mouse.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Mouse-_-GIGABYTE-_-26146022

Ill get a Cooler Master Spawn when they are more common stateside... right now they are are for sale but limited supply seems to be driving up the price... Im not going to bite on that right now.

Im thinking about the Silverstone Raven mouse:
http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-RVM01B-Reven-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B001NPEBLU

And has anyone seen these guys before?:
http://www.lexonhk.com/sdp/919972/4/pl-4636038/0-2171947/Gaming_Mouse.html

The Transformer and Cobra gaming mice on there are interesting... group buy anyone?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I really like the Rude Fierce v2. Its got a strong feature set, great feel, response, and software that is "just right". Considering it is only about $40, I have a hard time not suggesting this mouse as it is an easy superior to anything Razer or Steelseries have, and it matches what Mionix, Speedlink, and Roccat offer. In some ways, it does remind me of the Giga-byte m8000x, but just a little bit better. This mouse could be sold for $90. This mouse is right up there with my Fireglider (I know, wow). This is one of the first "braided" mouse cords I have seen that is completely cloth covered, yet not stiff. The wire is like a piece of string... not stiff at all, never seen this before but I like it.

Cons: No side scroll, no "free scroll" on wheel (like Logitechs)

Might be good, might be bad: only one button dpi change (but Im starting to think that might be better than two button dpi change, not better than 3 though like the sidewinder)

Pros: The feel & grip, button placement, plenty of buttons & configs in the software, software hits all the needed stuff, not too complicated though, solid tracking, 1-4 cpi/dpi settings that are fully adjustable, slick feet, bacup set of feet included, awesome mouse that is very loose... almost like using a cordless but without the weight, includes weights (if you are into that sort of thing), light corresponds to sensitivity level... not just for show, not too flashy, very functional

http://www.amazon.com/Rude-Gameware-Fierce-Laser-Gaming/dp/B004SGW3TI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

Last edited:
Looks like I also have to add the Corsair mice to my collection:
http://www.legitreviews.com/news/11475/

There is also a new Thermaltake Sport mouse, but after I found the last one lacking, I think I will just wait for this one to get cheaper:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PINIVG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_7?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

On a side note, my Rude Gameware Fierce v2 had a problem out of the box... it would run for "about a minute", then disconnect itself... no doubt a bad USB chip or something. They had me try a different computer and try a couple things, but then issued an RMA. I wanted to note that they DID lose track of my RMA mouse, but when I did contact them, they promptly said sorry and sent me out a new mouse ASAP. Overall, not a bad experience, other than them losing my RMA (I just had to provide the UPS tracking info and they fixed the oops though).

My Creative Arena headset OTOH, has a broken mic boom (there is a seam near where the jack is that actually consists of plastic for the plug and the rest of the boom which is rubber... this is a weak spot on the mic. They had me send in the mic (they said just the mic would be okay, no need to send in the whole headset). They said they dont have stock on this though now and it is on order... I have asked for details on what the time frame will be... no response. I would think Creative to have their act together a little better, but I guess not. Weeks later... no mic. Looks like the mic on my Arena headset is just MIA for now...

Last edited:
Get a ZOWIE EC1, got one my self and it's seriously the best mouve i've ever used.

I was using the Xornet when I took the pic but changed back to the Logitech G3 recently. I don't think my power supply would support all of those at once lol.

Back