• jfb9301

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • kirk121

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toconator

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have not seems any voting commercial yet ... how could I decide ? Who should I vote for ?

This coming from the guy who's current PPD in Asteroids@Home is a big fat 0.

Why change the subject? A@H is the priority here. CSG hasn't had a Sprint yet.

It did help take first place for the team.

No, A@H is not the priority. Catching my flight on time is.

First place in a marathon that doesnt end for a couple months... so we could lose that position at any moment. If we don't catch these 25 points for this Sprint we'll never had a chance to get them back. ;) Which is why sprints > marathons right now.

In other news. Why don't you run your boxen when you're away?

Sometimes we have power spikes, surges, or lightning strikes and no one would notice if it was off or still running but blacked out.

Due to the short notice I didnt have time to setup any kind of remote management either.

Yeah I have the same issues when I leave my boxen for long periods at a time. Granted I have a way to remote into them as long as they're getting power and boot into the OS. Aren't your rigs running Linux? Putty/SSH runs on default port 22. Can do everything from that. :p

Jfb, cause he's a long term folder and the only one who's outscoring me at the moment in the F@H stats.

Hey guys,

where is the right subsection/thread for prime95 users ? I just joined the Horde at mersenne but cant find any thread in here that corresponds to that group from [H]ardOCP.

;) Thanks

Thats only because my boxes were shut down for 2 days...Ill be back to flogging your ass real soon...:)

In that case, I'd have to cast my vote for you too, but since your not on the list.... :sneaky: Might have to see where you stand once you get your other boxen fired up and throw a couple more Ti's in the mix.

Hey guys,

where is the right subsection/thread for prime95 users ? I just joined the Horde at mersenne but cant find any thread in here that corresponds to that group from [H]ardOCP.

;) Thanks

Not sure what prime95 is. The CPU benchmark program?

Mersenne? The wanless2 project?

Not sure what prime95 is. The CPU benchmark program?

Mersenne? The wanless2 project?

prime95 is the program used to find mersenne primes, website mersenne.org. HardOCP seems to have a Team there, at least mersenne has a Team called HardOCP in its listing.

Anyone actively on the search for mersenne primes in here ? Or are you guys only doing F@H these days ?

prime95 is the program used to find mersenne primes, website mersenne.org. HardOCP seems to have a Team there, at least mersenne has a Team called HardOCP in its listing.

Anyone actively on the search for mersenne primes in here ? Or are you guys only doing F@H these days ?
BitMaster, welcome. Our team hasn't focused a lot on GIMPS / Prime95. All DC projects we have teams for are listed in the Guides section under the All inclusive DC list v2. https://hardforum.com/threads/all-inclusive-dc-project-list-v-2.1895029/ If we have a specific thread made for the project in mind, it will be listed there.

For the other members in here, Prime95 is as mentioned above as a stress test application. However, that is only a side function. If you actually use the application it will ask you if you want to just to the testing or if you want to run the client to actually find primes currently for GIMPS. Also, for those that run BOINC, PrimeGrid is the BOINC alternative and yes they handle the same sciences as well as pull their work from them. Kinda like how YoYo has a wrapper for OGR, and Muon. PrimeGrid ran work for many of the Mersenne forums projects like SOB, PSP, etc... Prime95 actually runs well. GIMPS uses it for their CPU application and is part of the DC-Vault. GIMPS have a few other options for GPU if people are interested.

And I believe the majority of discussion from our team has been in the DC-Vault 2 thread

Team stats - http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=team&proj=gimps&team=342

Last edited:
I give up. This is one of the most derailed DCOTM poll ever ...

The good thing: we have three nominees with the identical votes ... so we go in a second round with hopefully lots trash.

Well its not like they were using the thread anyways....lol

Congratulations jfb9301 on your second award!
thumbsup.gif

Back