• W.Feather

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • lopoetve

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • ChristianVirtual

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since Pocatello will inevitably forget to let me know the vote is up, im already in an voting! Early voting FTW!...

_1341538273.jpg

Couldn't post before today, but here's my surprise. I've been trying to get the word out about the team and about WCG as a way to contribute to science and medicine. Having been a combat medic in the Army, and seeing many of my peers retire too early because of one condition or another, this has been my way of continuing to contribute to the medical community even after the end of my service. Without further ado, Mr. Alfred Matthew Yankovic (AKA Weird Al) on his last trip through Iowa. How's this for a team PR photo?
2018-04-27 20.37.04.jpg

MGMCCALLEY that's just so... much... win! Love it! :D We've seen him a couple times; but think the most recent was at least 5-6 years ago here in San Jose. BTW, are you from Iowa? Or were just there for the show? I'm a former DSM resident. :)

I'm from Iowa. I've lived in Iowa most of my life, apart from vacations military service. I was stationed at Camp Dodge, STARC Armory building as a combat medic. I'm sure if you lived in Des Moines you went to the mile long bridge? If so, you drove right past my duty station. I grew up in a small town about an hour away, and I'm in the country now on an acreage near West Des Moines. Weird Al was here this year in April, it was a great show. It was over an hour to get through the line for the meet and greet, though, he's a pretty popular guy. There is a charity event going on with his web site right now, a fundraiser for MS where you get to hang out with him and get coffee. It's a worthy charity if anyone is interested:

http://weirdal.com/news/coffee-and-beignets/

I'm not a super-fan, but I did grow up listening to his stuff, and he just got his 16th Grammy nomination, so there's no denying that raw talent. I'm so glad we live in a country where freedom of speech applies to parody, I've got a lot of laughs from that guy.

I noticed that... but figured there must have been a reason, of some sort of another, and would just wait until next month. :p

Or maybe Pocatello simply had a senior moment? :oldman: :ROFLMAO:

Senior moment. Sorry!

I flew home last night from a 10 day vacation.

Merry Christmas!

Back