VOIP+Vonage+Small Business

Phantum

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

Been a while since I've posted a new thread. Was wondering if everybody can give me some input on putting in a VOIP system using Vonage. This would be for a small business, current landlines = 4 (3 main lines for voice & 1 for fax). Currently we have 9 staff members with telephones in their offices.

How easy would this be? How much money/time are we talking? Anyone run through a similar scenario?

k1pp3r

[H]F Junkie
What all functions are you looking at. If your looking for a nice, inexpensive VOIP system, look at Fonality, I use it at our office and enjoy it a lot.

Phantum

[H]ard|Gawd
Functions wouldn't be anything special I guess...We really just need something that's cheaper than our current setup that sort of mirrors or mimics our current functionality. So we would still need to be able to fax (send/receive) and have at least 3 main lines and possibly voice mail.

RiDDLeRThC

2[H]4U
I agree, so many other SIP providers you could turn to that are better than Vonage.

Check out bandwidth.com. We have 12 SIP lines from them and only had one issue so far that effected us for about 2 hours. We pay 30$ a month per SIP channel.

First task I was given when I started working for the company I work for now was to get rid of their troubled phone lines, 6 vonage lines running on a shitty last mile DSL line.

Did a PRI for a while and then switched to a data only T1 with 12 SIP trunks from Bandwidth.com. Once our FiOS line earns my trust we will most likely up its bandwidth and add a few more IP's and switch our SIP traffic over to it too.

k1pp3r

[H]F Junkie
I'm still a PRI guy when you get over 3 lines. I have seen up to 16 users on a Hosted VOIP solution and it worked fine, but i never had any luck with SIP in my experience for business use.

OP, do you have a T1? Or just a broadband package?