vnf3-250 and a 2800?

Nessumsar

n00b
I have a vnf3-250, 64 2800, and kingmax 512 pc3500. Im having some trouble overclocking, or should I say understanding overclocking. I have my computer running at 9x240, it runs fine and cool; when I have this, my mobo adjusts my memory so it runs at 464mhz. I dont know if this is going to hurt my memory, or what voltage I should run If this is ok. I have my stock timings, 2-4-8-4; what would be good timings?

Thanks in advance!

I dont know exactly what your stock timing are on your memory, but you should be topping on your memory soon. You say you have it at 464mhz thats 232ddr. You said you have pc -3500 which would equal 440mhz or 220 ddr ( 220mhz x 2ddr x 8memorywidth = bandwidth pc 3520 . So you are already running your memory out of spec. You won't hurt your memory, you will know when you are pushing it to hard. your computer will prolly crash out of a program when you run it too high, the only way your going to be able to overclock your computer some more is if you turn the multiplier down on your memory, or up the voltage on your memory. From my experiences on overclocking athlon 64, which i have overclocked many haha, memory seems to top out at 250 on all athlon motherboards, they get really picky no matter how fast your memory is. That is a good combination you have. I have the same exact setup right now running at 9x290= 2613mhz and thats on air cooling benchmark stable. Pretty amazing, im trying to get a watercooled setup to see how much further i can push it. when you start clock high make sure put a 3x multiplier on your hyper transport. I have had 3 processors with this board and they all like 3x hyper transport.

Thank you for your reply. What HSF are you using, thats a dang good oc. Will 1.65v be good for a 9x250 setup, and what vdimm should I run (what is stock?)? thanks again!

Ok, answered my own question. I have my comp set at 9x240, 1.65v, HT at 3x. How do I turn down the multiplier, I dont see anything on this. All I see is an artificial lock of either 100, 133, 166, or default. Still need to know about vdimm, and ram timings (auto is 2.5-4-8-4).

Your talking about the ram ratio, well only turn it down until you computer becomes unstable, the next lowest ratio for the ram would be 166. So you can try that when you start to have problems. I would say running your ram at 2.8 should be good for your memory. I have mine set at 2.9 but ocz memory is still under warranty at 2.9 and i have a fan on top of my heatsink throught the use of a blow hole on my case. I am using a thermaltake silent boost with a sunon 80mm fan on it. and I have a 120mm blow hole on my side panel of my case as a intake right over my cpu heatsink and fan so it will always have cold air.

Back