VMware Workstation + Win98SE Guest - Vista Host

the gamer

[H]ard|Gawd
So I installed VMware Workstation on my computer on Vista, and I installed Win98SE on Vmware, everything is ok, but I want to be able to share folders between Win98SE and Vista, is this possible or is Win98SE to old.

Also I can get me Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card working in Win98SE, does VMware support sound?

Cheers.

Well I can see the folder in both OS's, its just wont let me put anything in the folder, like I will drag something on the folder and the cursor will show an Circle with an line going through it, you know why its doing this.

So you know how to get an Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card to work in Win98SE?, there are only Drivers for 2000 and up :(.

Another thing, can I actually use the 8800GTX in VMware?, instead of installing VMware Tools?

Well I can see the folder in both OS's, its just wont let me put anything in the folder, like I will drag something on the folder and the cursor will show an Circle with an line going through it, you know why its doing this.

So you know how to get an Creative Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card to work in Win98SE?, there are only Drivers for 2000 and up :(.

Another thing, can I actually use the 8800GTX in VMware?, instead of installing VMware Tools?

VMWare Tools is your only option for drivers, as the hardware presented to the guest operating system is emulated and it will never see your actual hardware.

As for the folder, you may want to set the permissions for shared on the host.

You don't load drivers in the guest OS for hardware that is in the host computer. VMWare, as mentioned, gives you default hardware. It sounds like you may need to enable sound in the config of the VM. This is irrelevant, I guess, but I found VMWare to be too cumbersome. The two free products, Virtual PC 2007 and VirtualBox, to me, are better, and easier top configure.

Back