VMware just released the VMware Appliance for Folding @ Home Fling

MrGuvernment

Fully [H]
https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/202...install-folding-home-on-vmware-photon-os.html

How to manually install Folding @ Home on VMware Photon OS?
03/22/2020 by William Lam 2 Comments

As many of you may already know, VMware just released the VMware Appliance for Folding @ Home Fling last week and you can check out this blog post A Force for Good: VMware Appliance for Folding @ Home by Amanda Blevins for all the details. For those new to F@H and wish to participate, the VMware F@H Appliance is highly recommended as it is optimized and makes it very easy to setup and all configurations are driven through OVF properties. We certainly would appreciate it if you supported Team VMware (52737) which is the default team configuration but you can technical specify any valid F@H team ID during the deployment wizard.

I can recommend this Fling since I deployed six copies of it on various ESXi nodes. He's going to release a new version v1.0.1 that automatically applies the BigAdv flag if it detects you have 16+ vCPUs defined. The OVA asks a ton of questions when you deploy it and allows you to change your team, username and provide the FAH passkey so you get credit for your work.

Note however there are no bigadv wus or any plans to bring them back that I am aware of.

Good to know about the Big WU's I did enable the flag and have this running on my lab server so far so good, but times when it has no WUs

EXT64 Do you know if Big WU is enabled it wont download normal ones?

You'll still get normal WUs, so no harm (to my knowledge) of leaving the flags in place.

And they are still being hammered as more and more people continue to pile on. The amount of resources being handed to them right now is insane and a lot of those resources should probably be spread out to a couple other projects so that they aren't going to waste.

They are bringing more servers online, but right now just about every single one is pegged at its maximum assign rate.

Hey plext0r , now that you are around, you may want to know that some BOINC projects now require you to tick a box to allow stats exporting due to the crummy GPDR laws in Europe. I think your WCG account may need that as I know you disappeared off our radar in the stats sites.

Albert@home
Climate Prediction
Einstein@Home
LHC@Home
LHCathome-dev
NumberFields@home
VGTU
Universe@Home
World Community Grid
WUProp@Home

Back