Viveport Infinity Brings Unlimited Access to the Viveport Subscription Catalog

cageymaru

Fully [H]
HTC Vive and Viveport have announced a new unlimited VR rental service called Viveport Infinity during its CES presentation. For a low monthly fee, HTC Vive and Oculus Rift users will be able play a vast selection of VR titles from the Viveport Subscription catalog with an unlimited subscription. The current $8.99 a month Viveport subscription service only allows access to 5 VR titles a month, with discounted packages for those that agree to pay for more subscription time in advance. The Viveport Infinity pricing structure has not been announced. Think of it as the Netflix or Spotify of VR.

This year at CES HTC Vive & Viveport announced Viveport Infinity, the first unlimited subscription service for VR. Members can discover and explore hundreds of virtual destinations, anytime with unlimited access for a low monthly fee. Coming Soon.

"unlimited"... "5 per month"...

Do they know what unlimited means? They remind me of cellular carriers... :/

"unlimited"... "5 per month"...

Do they know what unlimited means? They remind me of cellular carriers... :/

I think they meant the new one will have more than the current program which only has 5 titles for $8.99.

The new one probably is $12.99 - $14.99 and includes 10 new exciting steam shovelwear quality 'games'.

If its $10 or less and actually has aa decent catalog, I might sign up for a month here and there to try things out.

O, wait, that's what steam returns is for.

Eh, I could see this for parents buying access for kids so the parent doesn't have to keep buying $3-5 crap games. I buy a backlog of games each big sale. I think I have 25+ games I haven't touched yet.

Till we see price and catalog, who knows.

Perhaps the article just wasn't quite as clear as it could be then.

I think they meant the new one will have more than the current program which only has 5 titles for $8.99.

The new one probably is $12.99 - $14.99 and includes 10 new exciting steam shovelwear quality 'games'.

If its $10 or less and actually has aa decent catalog, I might sign up for a month here and there to try things out.

O, wait, that's what steam returns is for.

Eh, I could see this for parents buying access for kids so the parent doesn't have to keep buying $3-5 crap games. I buy a backlog of games each big sale. I think I have 25+ games I haven't touched yet.

Till we see price and catalog, who knows.

Given the scarcity of full, dedicated, VR titles, this is a must. Most of the content is in various stages of alpha or beta release and it can be pretty easy to burn through the 5 titles. Even more so if you have kids, and need to get a different set of content for their consumption. I'm not excited about the potential cost, but I'll remain optimistic.

Back