Vivendi Seeking Buyers For Activision?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rumor has it that Activision is for sale...anyone got any spare cash laying around? Quick, check the couch cushions. :D

The group, whose chief executive Jean-Bernard Levy stepped down last month, is anxious to prove that it is taking action to address concerns over its huge debt burden and flagging share price . Ratings agency Standard & Poor's placed it under negative credit watch on Wednesday because of the uncertainty over its future direction.

Perfect time for them to do so. Should be easy to shop Activision out with Blizzard still having so many major releases in the near future and a new COD in October.

I hope that whoever Activision get's sold to , that they fire all the fucking senor execs including Bobby Fuckface.

The gaming industry needs to move away from a corporate culture with board executives and other executive nutjobs that prioritize profit over gameplay and enjoyability.

Whoever buys Activision Blizzard, I'd like he or she to turn it to a non-publicly traded, private corporation. Return gaming decisions to the developers and programmers, the writers, the art team, the designers, the software engineers and to the gamers themselves, and not to the bean counters and accountants.

That's how it should be done.

Ever since Bobby Kotick became head honcho at Activision, I haven't bought any of their games, and I can see the Activision influence on WoW and Diablo 3, which is why I haven't had a WoW sub in a year and a half, and haven't bought a CoD game since CoD 4.

Ever since Bobby Kotick became head honcho at Activision, I haven't bought any of their games, and I can see the Activision influence on WoW and Diablo 3, which is why I haven't had a WoW sub in a year and a half, and haven't bought a CoD game since CoD 4.

You do realize that Activision and Blizzard were both owned by Vivendi before the companies were merged.... It's been the same overlords for a long long time. Vivendi owned Blizz since 1998. Vivendi didn't get Activision until 2007.

Wish people would actually know some corporate history before they post. All Vivendi did was merge the two brands, and with the way it is setup Blizzard is still independent of Activision and still reports to Vivendi as they have for ages... Nice try though :rolleyes:

Activision is not worth anything.

Lets see all they got is what Crap of duty that the console noobs like.

Sell them of buy crap of duty put out more crap of duty for the console noobs porblem solvedl.

The gaming industry needs to move away from a corporate culture with board executives and other executive nutjobs that prioritize profit over gameplay and enjoyability.

Whoever buys Activision Blizzard, I'd like he or she to turn it to a non-publicly traded, private corporation. Return gaming decisions to the developers and programmers, the writers, the art team, the designers, the software engineers and to the gamers themselves, and not to the bean counters and accountants.

That's how you go bankrupt.

FIFY

Lets see all they got is what Crap of duty that the console noobs like.

LOL this game has made MILLIONS, it can't possibly be that people like it right...

I don't know how many times this has to be explained on here, the market will reject products that it doesn't deem worthy. If it was up to you gaming would be still stuck in the dark ages, it takes tons of cash to develop this new hardware and then even more millions to develop games to take advantage of it. Then when developers and publishers do you guys crap all over it. So now they have taken their toys to the console/casual crowd who actuals buys and plays games. They actually are willing to compensate these devs for their work. They do not not sit on websites trashing peoples work and raging at the fact that they want money for it.

You whine and cry that you have to pay for maps and more content... but but but it used to be free... yeah well you used to be able get do a lot of things but times change, the industry has changed.

You do realize that Activision and Blizzard were both owned by Vivendi before the companies were merged.... It's been the same overlords for a long long time. Vivendi owned Blizz since 1998. Vivendi didn't get Activision until 2007.

Wish people would actually know some corporate history before they post. All Vivendi did was merge the two brands, and with the way it is setup Blizzard is still independent of Activision and still reports to Vivendi as they have for ages... Nice try though :rolleyes:

I believe you missed my point, sir, but that is okay.

This "great influence" that I speak of, is in reference to the overmonetization of WoW and the Diablo 3 Real Money Auction House and the splitting of Starcraft 2 into 3 separate releases :(

Bobby Kotick,"WE MUST CREATE MULTIPLE REVENUE STREAMS!"

That's what he tried to do with Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk, and look at those franchises now.

He oversaturated with Call of Duty too and it has done well but their Elite service was a flop (~ 20 percent of the CoD audience signed up for the paid content).

He's looking for any way to nickel and dime consumers, and it shows in the lack of quality in the games Activision releases.

Lots of hype, but no actual game.

Your logic and facts have no place here, BEGONE!

Sounds like the perfect Kickstarter project doesn't it? Let the mass's buy Activision! lol :p

Valve should just outright buy them for the IPs and then just shut them down and perhaps hire some of the talents over there to work on various projects. That probably would be a win win.

People buy like crap like enter the matrix and the fucking 50 cent crap game/music it does not mean it is good.

Oh and michal bay movies or what ever crap big budget movie is out, or that twilight crap. ETC ETC

And kids buy tons fo crap they should never have like the new spyro skylander crap and Crap of duty because they dont know fuck about what is good.

Argument over Crap of duty is still crap it was not even a great PC game on the fucking quake 3 engine back with crap of duty 1.

124950ss.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_msAKWdOs

Iirc, the actual problem is Kotick becoming CEO of Acti-Blizzard. Thus having major influence. Also, iirc, the head of Blizzard also changed after this to one of Kotick's men.

Though I'm probably wrong on that last part. I do recall one of Kotick's people getting really high up in Blizzard though, at his request, but it's been years since I looked into that whole situation.

The article mentions Microsoft as a potential suitor.

Article has no merit based on that. Microsoft has no
need for Activision or Blizzard. Its going to change the
face of gaming and the PC with Windows 8.

Alright. I tried not to laugh coming up with that paragraph.
I couldn't resist

FIFY

LOL this game has made MILLIONS, it can't possibly be that people like it right...

Ignorance is bliss.

I don't know how many times this has to be explained on here, the market will reject products that it doesn't deem worthy. If it was up to you gaming would be still stuck in the dark ages, it takes tons of cash to develop this new hardware and then even more millions to develop games to take advantage of it. Then when developers and publishers do you guys crap all over it. So now they have taken their toys to the console/casual crowd who actuals buys and plays games. They actually are willing to compensate these devs for their work. They do not not sit on websites trashing peoples work and raging at the fact that they want money for it.

Just because something is popular and makes tons of money doesn't mean its worth a damn. Worth is subjective anyway. Secondly when has COD pioneered any kind of technological improvement?.

You whine and cry that you have to pay for maps and more content... but but but it used to be free... yeah well you used to be able get do a lot of things but times change, the industry has changed.

Yeah, changed for the worse, companies release beta's and the public buy's into it every time.

Hard to believe this is the same company that was considered innovative and known for great games.
Of course,that was when the 2600 was the hottest console on the market.:(
Really,if they folded up tomorrow,would anyone even care?

Personally I really enjoyed Heavy Gear immensely. I think that was the first time I paid full price for a PC game when it came out, seeing as I didn't really have any spending money at the time.

Sadly, I still buy games from Activision. They know my weakness: Transformers. Luckily Transformers: War For Cybertron was pretty good.

Honestly, Activision has just become EA Lite in the past 5 years, with CoD taking place of Madden. They take over development studios and force questionable decisions onto them. Although I still hate EA more because of what they did to Bioware...

Well i got 7 billion laying around,u guys just have to come up with the other billion and we all make "even partners: 90-10?

He oversaturated with Call of Duty too and it has done well but their Elite service was a flop (~ 20 percent of the CoD audience signed up for the paid content).

I don't know about you, but I would LOVE to have a flop where 20% of over 10 million people who already paid for my game agree to pay another $50 for content for it.

You do realize 20% of CoD users makes CoD elite one of the top 10 or so selling games of last year. FLOOOOPPPPP :rolleyes:

Back