Viva Pinata : Xbox 360 (v. HOOKED!)

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok um ... *looks around*, is anyone else here completely hooked to this game other then me ? LOL.

I've had this game for 3 days, been home 15 hours this weekend and clocked 13 hours in VP. :eek: Sickening ... but oh so damn fun. Its really hard to describe the addictive feel this game has.. and I'd say it takes about 5 hours gameplay before you realize you're hooked.

I mean at about ~11 hours in, I felt I was micro managing the same garden from 6 hours in with just a few new toys here and there. I was spending so much time doing a lot of the same wondering when I'd get new pinatas. Then I decided to just screw around and low and beyond the game just absolutely BLEW open for me.

I started crossing breeds, feeding differnt foods to different species, buring Tafflys then putting them out with water (turns them into Redhott's), using fertilizers with plants to triple income etc.. I've manipulated my garden a bunch and I'm finding each time I change it drastically the game just blows down even more doors.

I see no end in sight and I'm absolutely giddy like a school girl. Hands down Viva Pinata is by far (IMO) the best game out for the 360 right now. Simply unbelievable. RARE has delivered once again. Don't let the pretty colors and strange artstyle fool you, this game is for adults.

Anyone else an addict ?

I've seen a copy in my local Best Buy while browsing through the 360 section... and I just watched a video demo of it that came pre-loaded on my 360... looks...interesting... I may buy it after I read some reviews.

I just have to say that i'm glad that i'm not the only person getting addicted with this game. It's a blast to play, and is really for more than just kids. The pinata' animals are really cute, and it almost feels like a simulator. The interactivity is amazing, as you can do so much in this game.

I haven't played it yet, but I really want to. Some people I know are all saying the same thing... that it's incredibly addicting and lots of fun. Almost all the online reviews I've seen have been quite good as well.

As soon as I'm done killing everything in sight on GOW I might try growing a garden. Sounds fun.

Guaranteed fun, you just have to grit through the 20-30 minute tutorial that shows you how to play basically. Once you're out on your own, and you really get a grasp on how HUGE the world is (huge is as in possabilities and combinations, not garden size), you'll be stunned at the size of this game.

I'm now 18 hours in, and I feel like I havn't even scratched the surface of this game. Everytime I read some hints on some site I feel like 2 weeks behind lol.

This game is definately worth renting if not owning. Renting would be silly really because you're likely going to get hooked then be pissed you lose your entire garden when you have to return the game. Since is a 1st party game, it retails for $49.99 anyways so.. :D

Happy gardening!

I'm pretty much a hardcore gamer and honestly, I'm loving the look of this game. Seems like something I could just kick back and relax with after a hard day at work. Will certainly be buying it.

I'm one of those "hardcore" types as well, but this game was my favorite on 360, even more than GoW. It was creative, fresh, relaxing, fun and addictive as hell. I clocked more hours than I care to admit and got up past level 50 before I unfortunately had to part ways with my 360.

Viva Pinata is definitely a sleeper hit, and beautiful to boot!

i am hooked and i am feeling the same way as you. the worst part is that the game is so hard to explain to someone. dont know what it is but i love this game.

OMG you can light Taffly's on fire????? How do you light something on fire? I started playing this with my 7-year old and really got into it...so much so that I started my own garden. I'm obsessed with having getting each and every one of my pinatas to breed.

Now how do you get them to cross-breed? If I send a Sparrowmint over to a Taffly...they fight.

The game got great reviews. I still haven't played it. Hopefully a demo comes soon.

Kevl4R said:
I'm obsessed with having getting each and every one of my pinatas to breed.

Now how do you get them to cross-breed? If I send a Sparrowmint over to a Taffly...they fight.
So you like pinata pr0n? :D

But I've heard this game was good. I thought it was just for kids but every review says thinging that is a mistake, it's a great game. I'm gone download the interactive video out of the market place today.

Ha! No! Well when the pinata hook-up, they go into their little homes and dance. You get a little cut scene of them dancing anyway. A few minutes later the stork lady shows up with an egg. I haven't been able to get my Fudgehogs to do the nasty....so I don't know if your mammal-type pinata get just puppy like pinatas. I suppose they could be marsupials and that would really be crazy.

jbog91 said:
So you like pinata pr0n? :D

I'm gone download the interactive video out of the market place today.

When I saw Viva Pinata listed in the Marketplace, under the demos category, I was all set to download it, but then I saw how it was an interactive video, so I was sort of let-down, and ended up not even downloading it.

this game makes me want to go and buy an xbox 360 just to play it. unfortunately im a poor college student who is in way to much debt. it will have to wait until i graduate in may

What the hell is this game, and why does everyone love it?

I'm really starting to want a 360 haha

For xmas, I got a 360, Gears of War,Ghost Recon Adv Warfighter (free w/ purchase) and Viva Pinata. I watched my wife play a bit of VP and it looked pretty cool. I'll be starting my own garden after I finish GoW and perhaps finish Oblivion (another GREAT GAME!!).

w.

I see I'm not the only one who loves this game. I've been playing it even more than Gears of War. I can see myself playing this pretty regularly for years. It's easy to pick up, but incredibly difficult to master. I recently switched from PC gaming to Xbox 360, and between Gears of War and Viva Pinata, I'm in heaven. :)

I got it shortly after it's release but never got around to playing it. Yesterday I put it in for my Nephew and quickly got hooked. We (I) played the entire day away.

I had no idea it would be so deep.

I'm obsessed with having getting each and every one of my pinatas to breed.

Bestiality and pimping. Sounds fun.

I thought the game looked great but I bought it and really I just can't seem to get into it. I think the biggest problem though is that I can't seem to find the overall goal of the game. That, and so far my garden sux :(

I'm a lvl 10 gardener and I've got 3 houses on my tiny plot of land and so many worms that I dunno what to do with 'em. How do you get more land to work with? My place is so crowded as it is! I've got tons of worms, lots of sparrowmints, a few bunnies, some syrupents, etc...other than that I tend to spot an animal once and then I never see it again (such as the deer and frog)...

I really would like to get more into this game but so far I'm just having trouble doing so...I'm an inept Pinata gardener!

Does the size of your garden grow? The area provided seems awfully cramped but I've only played a couple of hours.

I got it friday, been playing it on and off since then.

It's really freaking fun, even though I really have no Idea what I am doing.

Whats the point of growing pumpkins, chili's, etc? they just sit there and don't do anything.

I'd also like to know if you can get a bigger garden or something, since I've got 3 trees, a pond, a few bushes and 4 pinata houses on mine. it's hard to keep track of who's where in that place.

I "tinkered" a pumpkin into a jack-o-lantern and converted a sour bat like thing into a friendly bat like thing.

When my tiny garden got so crowded I couldn't manage it anymore, I went around selling off animals that I don't really like.

Also, be sure to check out the in-game Encyclopedia. If you spot an animal it will be added and will tell you how to get it to come back and take up residence.

If your garden is crowed, thats your bottleneck. At MOST, you should have no more then 4 trees and MAYBE one animal house to begin with. You need space to attract animals, and space to keep animals happy.

Think outside the box.. thats how this game works.

If your garden is crowed, thats your bottleneck. At MOST, you should have no more then 4 trees and MAYBE one animal house to begin with. You need space to attract animals, and space to keep animals happy.

Think outside the box.. thats how this game works.

Ok, so it's not a Pokemon "Gotta catch 'em all" type of game?

Stupid pokemon!! :p

Ok, so question, how does one increase the size of their garden? I've got one little square and I've got 3 houses and 3 or 4 trees on it and I don't really seem to be going anywhere in the game (and it looks like most of my pinatas are a wee bit unhappy). I even made a little river along the edge of my garden and it attracted a frog but then he left...How do I move forward in the game?

Pretty much I'm just sitting around and breeding my worms (since they're the easiest to breed and my bunnies don't really seem to want to get it on like rabbits) and a sparrow every once in a while. The seed guy walks around and throws seeds and usually I plant 'em...and if a fox attacks I usally whack it with a shovel. That's about how deep I've gotten into the game thus far...

Ok glad I'm not the only one. I got this game for my girl. Got teased by the clerk at Gamestop..."Yeah your girl friend will love this"

Watched her play for 2 hours. Picked it up while she was at work and played for four hours straight. GOW couldn't keep me playing that long it was sad :D

I dont have the link here but there is an online guide for just about everything I found the link at xbox.com under the Viva Pinata forum. I'd go look for it but the work filter blocks it

There might be some information on that interactive Viva Pinata download, currently on the Live Marketplace. I haven't watched it though, so I could be wrong.

Your garden does indeed get bigger. My garden is total crap, but my 7-year olds is thriving. Somehow she got to a certain level and you garden area gets expanded. Right after her garden was increased in size, a "bad guy" comes and kills one of your Pinata. In her case it was the squirrel pinata that she just enticed using a hazel nut tree.

Needless to say, at 7 years old, this was devastating and my girl has not played since. This has been about a week. She's moved onto Wii Sports bowling where she rolled a 245. :D

Your garden does indeed get bigger. My garden is total crap, but my 7-year olds is thriving. Somehow she got to a certain level and you garden area gets expanded. Right after her garden was increased in size, a "bad guy" comes and kills one of your Pinata. In her case it was the squirrel pinata that she just enticed using a hazel nut tree.

Needless to say, at 7 years old, this was devastating and my girl has not played since. This has been about a week. She's moved onto Wii Sports bowling where she rolled a 245. :D

ROFL! Poor kid!

Thanks for the Wrench, I'll check it once I get home (assuming our DSL is back up...stupid Bell South!

IGN did "The Best of 2006" and Viva Pinata received the "Best Game No One Played" award, for the 360. It's a shame so many people have written this game off, simply because they have pre-conceived notions of what the game is.

I've played this game more than any other game for the 360 and I've loved every minute of it. I'm level 39 or so and currently working on getting all of the acheivements, I've got around 35/50 so far...

I couldn't even imagine a kid trying to play this game with how deep and complex the gameplay is. And the way a pinata kills another one is kind of disturbing... the attacker looks kinda like it gets possessed the way they float in the air and shoot random objects at the other until it explodes and spills its candy entrails all over the ground. Then nearby pinatas feast on its remains. It reminds me of that South Park episode with the satanic forest animals minus the gore.

And to anyone thinking about getting this game, don't download the interactive video it's really dumb and I don't think it even shows any gameplay. Do yourself a favor and just buy the game.

I will leave the sexual orientation jokes aside here.

But if the game is anything like the interactive video demo that I downloaded I would never purchase it. I could not stand the voices/jokes/interactive video. It seemed very much NOT for your typical guy gamer.

But if the game is anything like the interactive video demo that I downloaded I would never purchase it. I could not stand the voices/jokes/interactive video.
Did you even read the post above yours? :D

I really didn't get the demo (or for that matter the fact that there is a cartoon based on the game). The game is nothing like either. There are no talking animals or adventures or anything like that.

You build your garden, and breed, feed, kill, mate, sell, buy, attract, etc. colorful animal like pinatas.

Back