Vitamix Refurbished Blenders: 6300 Series $262, 5200 Series $247 | 25% off+Free Ship

song414

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

Saw this posted on Vitamix's Facebook page. Seems like an awesome deal for an awesome blender.

Vitamix.com has a few of their Certified Refurbished Blenders (5200 Series or 6300 Series) on sale. Shipping is free when you follow the instructions below.
  1. Click here to activate free shipping
  2. Add one of the following blenders to cart:
  3. Enter 25% off coupon code 07-0103-01-01 for the 5200 Series or 07-0103-01-02 for the 6300 Series
  4. Total should be the following:
    • 5200 Series
      • $329 - 25% discount = $246.75 with free shipping
    • 6300 Series (Red or Platinum)
      • $349 - 25% discount = $261.75 with free shipping

Blenders come with the standard 5-Year Warranty.

I got that 5200, use it daily. This is a sweet deal.

Nice find OP - if you're gonna get a blender, Vitamix is the way to go.

My vitamix is probably 20 years old and still beast mode. GETCHU ONE!

I think the higher end models have a timed pulse functions + more blending features. In the kitchens i've worked in the low end models are just on/off, high/low, or variable speed. The machine is pretty wicked so you wont be standing in front of it very long at all.

I prefer my blendtec but you can't go wrong with either

in fact, I have two blendtecs and I would trade my friend if she wanted and have one of each. they're slightly better than one another at different things

There was a recent deal for a refurb Blendtec for $210. Its nice that these are finally coming down in price. Both of these are a *much* better value at these price points than the Ninjas and Magic Bullets etc.

If they were offering 25% off the 7500 reconditioned I would be a buyer. Just not interested in the taller slim carafes.

What do you mean by that?

Many many moons ago I worked at a Smoothie King so I know exactly what he is talking about.

Basically if you're a protein shake making novice you will likely make the mistake of putting your liquid of choice, ice, fruit, and powders all together in the blender prior to turning it on. This creates many instances of the protein clumping and sticking to the sides of the blender resulting in you having to use a spatula to scrape it off the inside of the blender walls so that it actually blends in to your drink.

The trick to eliminate this is to layer the liquid at the bottom, then fruit, peanut butter, whatever else you're putting in and then the ice goes on the top. The ice serves as a protection barrier so that when you click the blender on it doesn't all shoot out up in your face and/or the top of the blender lid. Once your mixture has blended in to the consistency you're looking for THEN you add the powders. This ensures that you get what you pay for and all of your supplements get blended in to the drink instead of sticking to the inner walls and going down the drain when you clean the container.

Thanks for the explanation! I guess I'm still a bit confused since I'm not sure how the shape of the jars would affect how you layer your ingredients or how it would affect the consistency or clean up. It's all the same to me. :confused:

Thanks for the explanation! I guess I'm still a bit confused since I'm not sure how the shape of the jars would affect how you layer your ingredients or how it would affect the consistency or clean up. It's all the same to me. :confused:
The blendtecs use a new type of 5 sided "wildside" jar that supposedly doesn't require any tamping. the agitation and 5th panel of the jar are enough to stir the contents.

The vitamix has a tamper that you have to use while it's blending to get an even mixture.

The blendtec uses measured recipes, for the most part, for best results. and you can hit a preset and walk away. you can experiment but it won't be consistent. I have an expensive model that has variable blending, too.

The vitamix is a potentiometer dial and switches that you turn on/off. so you have to monitor the blender while it's going and some feel it gives more granular control. It's more compatible with experimentation (throw a little of this, a bit of that into it). I think the differences between the 5200 and the 6300 is the pulsing.

you do want the pulsing, though, even if just to clean it makes it a snap. a couple drops of soap and some warm water and hit the pulse a few times and the jar is clean.

If you read the slick deals posts they discuss an issue where these blenders apparently grind plastic and you end up with plastic dust in your shake which is an issue they have known about and not fixed for a while now. Not exactly what you would expect from a $300 blender.

I was comparing Vitamix and Blendtec. Here's what you can get out of Blendtec:

Total Blender Certified Refurbished with Wild Jar - $279.95

or

Total Blender Certified Refurbished with Four Side - $259.95

You can get free shipping by using promo code BBGift.

FatWallet is offering 7.5% cash back as well, activated it, and you can get $20.99 off down to $258.96 total.

If you prefer the Four Side, then it'll be $240.46.

These come with seven years of warranty.

I was comparing Vitamix and Blendtec. Here's what you can get out of Blendtec:

Total Blender Certified Refurbished with Wild Jar - $279.95

or

Total Blender Certified Refurbished with Four Side - $259.95

You can get free shipping by using promo code BBGift.

FatWallet is offering 7.5% cash back as well, activated it, and you can get $20.99 off down to $258.96 total.

If you prefer the Four Side, then it'll be $240.46.

These come with seven years of warranty.

While that's not a bad deal I prefer Vitamix over Blendtec. The variable knob + the taper to push stuff down makes it easier to make smoothies/drinks IMHO.

When I apply the 25% off code, it removes the 25$ off shipping code bringing my total to $303.96, as it also added tax? How do you get the 2 codes to stack?

*edit: When I added the code 06-004166 manually for free shipping, it allowed the 2 to stack. Guess they have a warehouse or something in my state with the tax.

Last edited:
Hey look its the bi-annual Vitamix post!

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1776380&highlight=vitamix
I've been looking for a good deal on Vitamix blenders for a bit and it seems their reconditioned models are the best deals right now with a free shipping code. Their reconditioned models are actually a pretty good value it seems because they come with a 5 yr warranty and can be upgraded to 8 years for $75 and you can save hundreds depending on the model you get for reconditioned over new.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1761628&highlight=vitamix
I've been looking for a good deal on Vitamix blenders for a bit and it seems their reconditioned models are the best deals right now with a free shipping code. Their reconditioned models are actually a pretty good value it seems because they come with a 5 yr warranty and can be upgraded to 8 years for $75 and you can save hundreds depending on the model you get for reconditioned over new.

Personally, i like my Osterizer. It's old and looks like it's from the 50's with all the chrome, (It actually MIGHT be from the 50's...lol) but it blends like a champ. And still runs perfectly. :)

So if that post is done so bi-annually, is Song414 a Vitamix corporate shill here to pass on what looks like a members genuine input when really its just an advertisement?

So if that post is done so bi-annually, is Song414 a Vitamix corporate shill here to pass on what looks like a members genuine input when really its just an advertisement?

No lol, I am just a big health nut and my Vitamix is a big part of the way I prepare some of my meals (protein shakes, frozen drinks, homemade ice cream, green smoothies, etc.)

My grandma kept talking about how she's had her Vitamix from the 70's and still works great, my mom had hers for a decade, and finally one of my friend's got me into buying one.

It's just a great kitchen appliance and I receive promotions on FB and through email from time to time and figure I'd just share. They seem to help some people out here and I'd figure I'd continue to post as long as it's helping someone out.

Just stoping in to say, this still works, and thanks OP!

I've spent a while debating over a Vitamix, Blendtec, or Cleanblend. I was all set to pull the trigger on the Cleanblend for $200, and figured I'd check [H] to see if I could get a good price on the real deal instead of the copycat. With tax and free shipping, my total came to $265 on the 5200. Good stuff! Hopefully it doesn't actually take four weeks to get here.

Thanks for bumping this up, I picked up a 6300 as well for around $300 after tax. Code also works for black btw, but it looks like the price has gone up slightly since this deal was originally posted.

I've been eye-balling a Vitamix for awhile as we see the demo's in Costco a lot and just getting by with a cheap Ninja blender we've used for a few years. The Ninja was a decent entry level blender that confirmed my interest in making smoothies, but it did an awful job at blending greens like Kale and Spinach, and clean-up was a disaster with stuff like chia seeds too.

We've wanted a Vitamix for awhile but couldn't justify the $500 MSRP, $300 is much more palatable though, thanks!

If you read the slick deals posts they discuss an issue where these blenders apparently grind plastic and you end up with plastic dust in your shake which is an issue they have known about and not fixed for a while now. Not exactly what you would expect from a $300 blender.

From what I've read the Blendtec has this issue as well. Vitamix has redesigned their jars to fix this issue and should be releasing them later this year.

Bumping this up again, price is even cheaper now.

The black and white are now $299.00. 25% off and free shipping still work. Makes it $224.25 (+tax depending on where your at)

My Vitamix is arriving tomorrow btw, ordered last Friday or Saturday, so about 6 business days and 2 weekends, total. I didn't get any shipment email, just a notification from UPS app.

Last edited:
My Vitamix is arriving tomorrow btw, ordered last Friday or Saturday, so about 6 business days and 2 weekends, total. I didn't get any shipment email, just a notification from UPS app.

Same here, coming tomorrow.

I did get an email from Vitamix when it shipped though.

My vitamix is probably 20 years old and still beast mode. GETCHU ONE!

Is 20 years a long time for a blender? I know my mother used the same blender for at least 25 or 30 years. I don't know what she paid for it, but it was probably from Sears.

My parents own a vitamix they got 10-15 years ago (not sure exactly how long ago now), stainless container and a motor your local carpenter would be proud of (dims the lights). lol

Still works to this day. I'd get one myself, if they were still constructed the same. Settled for a Ninja I got on sale for <$99. Meh.

Is 20 years a long time for a blender? I know my mother used the same blender for at least 25 or 30 years. I don't know what she paid for it, but it was probably from Sears.

20 years is a long time for my uses since I cook professionally, I decent quality blender lasting 25+ years seems reasonable for regular home use. I wish I had the cash to plop down $1800 for something like a Waring commercial blender to last a lifetime of abuse.

Back