Vitaminwater Offers $100K to Quit Smartphones for a Year

Can't do it in Canada. CDMA is no longer supported in Canada, which is what 1990's era phones used.

not for Canadians anyways..
take-off-eh-you-hoser.jpg

I must be old because this seem completely idiotic. For $100k I would go the rest of my life without using a cell and not have a problem with it.

I must be old because this seem completely idiotic. For $100k I would go the rest of my life without using a cell and not have a problem with it.

My wife and I were saying the same thing. The only apps I put on my phone is for email, shopping, banking, and the news. All things that could easily wait until I got home to a PC.

Lol lie-detector tests are not the least bit reliable. I know from first hand experience...

Thats because it doesn't detect lies, it shows physiological indicators that a skilled interrogator can use to determine if you are lying by asking the right questions and monitoring your response. Its more of a mental trick than anything else, and any pathological liar can pass one with no problem. Thats why they aren't admissible in court as evidence. People that are telling the truth can often "fail" as well because they're so stressed out over it.

Thats because it doesn't detect lies, it shows physiological indicators that a skilled interrogator can use to determine if you are lying by asking the right questions and monitoring your response. Its more of a mental trick than anything else, and any pathological liar can pass one with no problem. Thats why they aren't admissible in court as evidence. People that are telling the truth can often "fail" as well because they're so stressed out over it.
Lol well no kidding. I did not think that had to be explained as I thought it was common knowledge.

Lol well no kidding. I did not think that had to be explained as I thought it was common knowledge.

That is definitely no common knowledge, most people I know think a "lie detector" test really does work exactly as its named. I'm fairly sure most people who never looked into it believe it.

What is Vitaminwater? Sounds like something Gwyneth Paltrow would sell.

it is an enhances water drink made by Coke. A line that they believe if anyone actually thinks contains vitamins and is good for you that person is a fucking idiot.

That is definitely no common knowledge, most people I know think a "lie detector" test really does work exactly as its named. I'm fairly sure most people who never looked into it believe it.

Must just be the circle you associate with. Do they think the earth is flat also? I would say I would assume more understand how it works than don't. At least over the age of 25. That was a very common thing for movies and TV shows to show off was how putting a tack in your shoe or doing something else to keep yourself at a certain level would fool the device.

Must just be the circle you associate with. Do they think the earth is flat also?

I know people from all walks of life in multiple different countries, and I can tell you for sure I'm glad they aren't like you or "your circle" because none of them are colossal pricks that assume everyone else besides them is a moron.

He'll, I could do this.

Hell, I do it already. I have never owned a smart phone, nor tablet.

Tried to apply, but requiring Twitter, and/or Instagram was a show stopper. Does not matter. They would not chose anyone my age. Not enough Youtube appeal.

I work with a woman in IT security that only uses a non-smart flip phone. No sms, nothing. LOL

I do the same.

I only switched to a "smart" phone a little over a year ago. Really only use the "smart" features to waste time playing mobile games. I could do it, but not even touching family memeber's smart phones? Might have to make the wife participate as well, just so I won't have that trap, as she is constantly on her phone. Come to think of it, that may be a good thing to help break her addiction :cautious:

I only switched to a "smart" phone a little over a year ago. Really only use the "smart" features to waste time playing mobile games. I could do it, but not even touching family memeber's smart phones? Might have to make the wife participate as well, just so I won't have that trap, as she is constantly on her phone. Come to think of it, that may be a good thing to help break her addiction :cautious:

And you would be divorced before the contest was over.

My Cosmos 2 sits on my desk at home. I'd be all for ditching the S5. Hell, I didn't get my first cell phone until 2008 or so.

I would do it in a second! I really dont' like smart phone but I'm mandated to have on for my job. I carried a Motorola flip phone very long into the smart phone era and for basic phone usage I vastly preferred it.

I can't enter right off the bat.........

"head on over to Twitter or Instagram and create a post explaining what you'd do with your time if you took a yearlong smartphone break and include the hashtags #NoPhoneforaYear and #contest"

No twitter or Instagram.

I find it ironic you are required to use social media to enter, but they want you to NOT use it and "break your addiction" to smartphones. :shifty:

A lot of companies and contractors use Square or something similar to run credit cards. That alone would make it nearly impossible.

Cake. My phone sits in the glove compartment of my car - it won't be missed and I'd rather have the Razr back anyway.

Funny how they're weeding out the easy winners by limiting this to Twitter and Instagram users.

What you won't find out until you're finished with your year is that the prize is actually $100k worth of vitamin water. All the bottles will be labeled "not for resale". Then you get to pay taxes on it.

Back