Visual tearing when scrolling in IE8 (Windows 7 RC1)

I just switched back to Firefox due to extreme visual tearing when using IE8. Has this happened to anybody else? I have the latest Forceware drivers and BIOS for my machine as well. Firefox 3 isn't showing any tearing so far.

yes its happened to me... i just attributed it to win7 still being beta. i think its a video driver issue

I don't use IE8 that much, but I have noticed it tearing on certain web pages when scrolling.

IE is the worst junk eva
:rolleyes:
Now how, please tell me, did that contribute to anything?

I was hoping this was the case. Cool.

Video card issues causes alot of video issues or settings, imagine that ;)

Also I've had this happen if it isn't fully rendered yet, but that one I would think is obvious.

Using non-standard DPI (not 96, 120, etc) causes this, I believe.

This is another video setting that can contribute ;)

IMO just uninstall your video card drivers and let Windows automatically set everything up. Might work just fine with default Windows drivers (assuming you aren't doing gaming or anything where you need the full toolset).

:rolleyes:
Now how, please tell me, did that contribute to anything?

Video card issues causes alot of video issues or settings, imagine that ;)

Also I've had this happen if it isn't fully rendered yet, but that one I would think is obvious.

This is another video setting that can contribute ;)

IMO just uninstall your video card drivers and let Windows automatically set everything up. Might work just fine with default Windows drivers (assuming you aren't doing gaming or anything where you need the full toolset).

It was tearing before and after installing the driver suite. Rolling the drivers forward and back (including beta) didn't solve it either. There is no tearing in Firefox 3 or 3.5 RC1. Games are fine.

Does that make it obvious?

;)

I've had issues with tearing in the latest Intel driver update released through Windows update, but its not just in IE8.

I have seen it in MS Outlook and other applications. Sometimes happens with just Explorer.

I'm using RC0 though.

Back