vista's strange. 50MB/s upload, but only 6MB/s download

mjz_5

2[H]4U
uploading a large file from my vista machine to my win xp file server, i'm getting 50 MB/s. Which i'm really happy with. However, downloading a file, i only get 6 or so MB/s.

All Gigabit PCIe onboard NIC
Gigabit switch
Tried jumbo frames on and off. same.

Anyone have an idea?

Did you resume from sleep?

I have this problem, atleast with internet, where when I resume from sleep the DL is fine, but the upload is much worse than usual. If I reset the adapter(or reboot) it goes back to normal.

There's a standard Vista "tweak" for file copy operations. Go into your LAN properties, and disable IPv6 (unless you need it), and both items that start with Link Layer.

There's a standard Vista "tweak" for file copy operations. Go into your LAN properties, and disable IPv6 (unless you need it), and both items that start with Link Layer.

yea, i've tried that. still nothing. ipload is blasing fast, i love it. but downloading from my server is crazy slow.

i've tried SP1 beta. it improved my DL by like 4 MB/s but the upload is now slower..

:(

after trying everything to fix the networking issue, i just gave up and went back to XP.

to bad, cause i really like vista

I may be too late to the party, but I found this as well, run from a DOS prompt:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

I may be too late to the party, but I found this as well, run from a DOS prompt:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

thanks, but i got sick of trying all these tweaks. However, I do believe i tried these as well, they didn't do anythign

Back