Vista64 which power plan do you all run ??

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Under the Control panel; Power Options there are three settings = Balanced, Power Saver, or High Performance. Which setting do most of you have it on ?? I am mainly a Gamer, and system is in my signature. Thank's

High Performance, because when my computer is on, I'm using it. I don't bother with sleep mode or anything like that.

I run at balanced so that CPU throttling can work while the CPU isn't in use.

Also I take advantage of hybrid sleep mode for a S3/S4 suspend. Vista does not appear to suffer from the "winrot" problem of its predecessors (or not noticeably so), so the only time my computer actually gets restarted/shutdown is when an app install/update requests a restart or power loss.

Its really nice because scheduled tasks (like Media center recording a TV show) can wake the computer, and when the task is done it will put it back to sleep.

Sleep (S3) doesn't work, I can't get my video signal to come back so I just have it on High Performance. And besides, it's Folding all the time and I'm constantly doing things. Why hold back the power? Besides, C&Q + Overclock = bad.

I made a custom one named "Drain PSE" (that's Puget Sound Energy around here)
Always on but the monitor goes to sleep.

Probably doesn't help you much.:eek:

Back