Vista x64 and FAHMon......

digital_exhaust

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - May 2008
I can't get it to work.... maybe just a brain fart, but I don't know....

I've tried pointing the damn thing everywhere I can think of and it simply will not work. I need to monitor the GPU client and this has about got me pulling my hair out...

Any help?

Thanks guys.... appreciate it...

it always worked for me?

does the program itself not start or do you not see PPD right away because you need to wait until 2-3% before you see it working.

Also make sure your pointing it at the data folder, not the program folder.
I don't run Vista so not sure of the path, but its the folder with the FAHlog files in, not the folding.exe.

Luck ............ :D

No...it launches fine, but all I get when the client is added is a black box where it should be yellow (until it completes a bit and turns green) and "N/A" under ETA.... I don't understand what the hell is going on because it worked fine under XP and Vista x86.....

I have a bad feeling that too many tamales (and perhaps a few too many beers) have impaired my ability to configure the damn thing correctly:rolleyes:

FahMon -> Download new projects.

Maybe FahMon database needs updating.

Luck ......... :D

Which GPU client are you running? I use the console client and just point it at the directory I installed it to. I think the tray client or whatever the other one is puts the information you need in a place where it's a pain in the ass to get to and I don't remember where it's at.

Basically, FahMon needs to be pointed at the directory where the log is generated.

It's the tray client... I think I should probably go with the console client... Have you had any problems with it so far?

Another thought... I do have UAC enabled (I personally have no problem with it) but do you guys think that might be an issue? When I launch FAHMon, I have to right click and run as administrator to get it to open...maybe disable UAC and see if that solves the problem...

The proper path for the tray client is this: C:\Users\*your user name here*\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu\

Took me a while to figure that out, but since I did FahMon has been monitoring it perfectly.

The proper path for the tray client is this: C:\Users\*your user name here*\AppData\Roaming\Folding@home-gpu\

Took me a while to figure that out, but since I did FahMon has been monitoring it perfectly.

yeah what he said.. ^_^
i use FAHspy, its the same thing.

Better yet, open your log file and it will show you the exact location of your directory. It's foolproof. :D

It's the tray client... I think I should probably go with the console client... Have you had any problems with it so far?

Another thought... I do have UAC enabled (I personally have no problem with it) but do you guys think that might be an issue? When I launch FAHMon, I have to right click and run as administrator to get it to open...maybe disable UAC and see if that solves the problem...

If you install FAHMon outside of the Program Files directory it will work without running as admin. The Program Files location is locked down in Vista, so if a program is in there and needs to write files to it's own directory you have to run it as admin.

If you install FAHMon outside of the Program Files directory it will work without running as admin. The Program Files location is locked down in Vista, so if a program is in there and needs to write files to it's own directory you have to run it as admin.

Thank you!!!

Beers and tamales guys... thought I was loosing my mind... erm.. maybe I have.. but anyhow, thanks!!

Outside of Stanford's server problems, the GPU console client has worked perfectly. Not a single problem.

I actually just had my first GPU client stall today, right after getting a new WU. It's on Server 2008 and the machine is taxed with 4 VMs though so I'll give Stanford the benefit of the doubt and blame it on my setup.

I actually just had my first GPU client stall today, right after getting a new WU. It's on Server 2008 and the machine is taxed with 4 VMs though so I'll give Stanford the benefit of the doubt and blame it on my setup.

There have been nothing but problems all weekend in regards to sending to and receiving work units from Stanford. I hate to think of how much folding time I've lost because of it between the GPU client and the SMP clients.

I haven't had a single GPU unit fail on me. Definitely can't say that for the SMP client though.

I haven't had a single GPU unit fail on me. Definitely can't say that for the SMP client though.

The GPU client has been the most trouble free client from Stanford I have ever used. That's saying something considering I go back to the Genome@Home days.

This is for the GPU2 nVidia client. I know the ATI guys had a lot of trouble when the GPU1 client was around and the nVidia client came around after most of those problems were fixed.

I'm talking about the ATI client here, although I've only been running it for about a month so I haven't had any experiences with those early issues. I've been running the uniprocessor clients for about four years now though, and although it's pretty solid I have lost a fair amount of units here and there. As for the SMP client, although I am getting a lot of pointage from it, I've lost a ton of units so far.

Back