Vista won't wake up after hibernate

RAA-Kr1cH

Limp Gawd
Brand new install of Vista, and I can't get the dang thing to wake up after it goes into hibernate mode. Or I should say, I'm at least not getting any video, because the lights on my 2407 stay orange.

Rig:
e6400
2gb Gskil ram
EVGA 8800GTS with 100.65 driver
dell 2407
raptor 150gb hdd

I'm hoping/guessing it's probably just some borked setting somewhere, but any help would be much appreciated.

EDIT:
not sure if it matters, but I'm using the microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboard, and wireless intelimouse explorer 2.0. I don't think this is part of the problem because they are plugged into the ps2 ports. I was just thinking perhaps because it's wireless or something it's not actually getting a signal to the system during hibernate.... anywhoooo...

I know that this is going to seem like a really vague answer... but it's very likely a driver issue. Every hibernate issue I have run into has always been caused by a driver that won't play nice with the os.

And, not bashing NVIDIA here, but I would be pretty suspect of your video drivers.. and if that's not it, I would look at sound (assuming you have a sound card) Creative drivers have been causing some problems as well.

It happened to me ,and until I used a different video card, I couldn't find a fix. Once I put in my 1300 Pro card, the problem disappeared. Is there any different drivers you can try? Make sure all your Bios settings are correct?

I think it is the nVidia drivers. People are having the same problem that post on the nVidia support forum.

thanks for the replies! It's good to know I'm not the only one. I'm crossing my fingers that the new nvidia beta drivers that will be out in a few days will fix it.

Back