Vista won't resume from sleep

cjv998

n00b
Hi guys, here's a problem I've been having lately. I have Vista x64, and it won't resume from sleep (most of the power settings are at the bottom). When I move the mouse or press a key, the fans spin back up, but my case display and monitor don't turn on. So I have to do a hard reset by flipping the power switch on the power supply.

This leads me to another problem. When I do a hard reset (or rarely when I turn on the PC for the first time), my motherboard beeps at me, saying it can't find my video card (Radeon 4850). I think this issue is heat-related, because when I pull my PC out of my cramped entertainment center (it's in an HTPC case), it detects the card fine. I have the stock fan speed controlled manually, and keep it at 40-45%. This keeps idle temps around 70deg. C (stupid hot ATI design...).

Also, occasionally I'll get a message after POST about "overclocking failed" - but they only thing I've changed in the motherboard utility is the RAM clock speed, because it isn't detected correctly (this is a common issue with my RAM). Motherboard is an ASUS P5E Deluxe.

Any help with any of these issues is greatly appreciated. Thank!

Vista Power settings:
Sleep after 30 minutes
allow hybrid sleep: on
never hibernate
turn off hard drive after 60 minutes
USB selective suspend: disabled
PCI-e Link State Power Management: off
turn off display after 45 minutes
adaptive display: off

Back