Vista won't go into sleep mode...

I am using Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Up until I moved my PC (physically when I got a new desk), the PC would go into sleep mode like I set it to. Now it does not do it. When it "does", it acts like it is gonna shut off, and kinda surges on/off...when it surges, it just comes back to the welcome screen like it is waking up to resume Windows...

WTF? Any fixes for this? Thanks!

my rig does the same thing, except it has never worked. I cannot get it to sleep in vista under s3 power mode, but s1 works just fine. I just assumed it was the motherboard and the way it handles the overclock, but our systems are vastly different so who knows.

Do you have options for suspend level in your BIOS? On my P5K-e i get options of "S1, S3, and Auto", of those S1 and Auto do not seem to work, but when I pick S3 the computer does a full sleep, parking HD's, shutting off fans etc. full sleep.

I was also thinking, if you have your BIOS settings of "Wake on" lan, usb, spacebar, etc.. if I had it set on USB the computer would do the same thing your talking about, the smallest vibration of the mouse would wake the computer backup, pushing my chair back from the desk was enough to do it.

Back