Vista - WAN outgoing server connections

ih82bl84f1

n00b
Good very hello!

I have been wrestling with this for almost 2 weeks and have come to wits end. I have repeatively installed OS over dozen times to no avail. None of my server apps (Radmin 3.2, HFS Fileserver 2.2d) or anything requiring interaction from incoming request will connect over WAN that doesn't come preinstalled with Vista. I have no problem using these apps over LAN using local LAN addresses ie... 192.168.1.XXX

I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit RTM (after unsuccessfully getting the preinstalled OEM image to perform after several restores and tried both with and without SP1) behind a Linksys WRT54G router with latest firmware, on a new Acer Aspire 5920-6864 with Centrino Duo processor 1.66, 3gb Ram over a Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet and Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection.

I have set the network connection to private (tried public also) trying both ethernet and wireless (even tried disabling IPv6 in this setting and also tried registry hack to disable it as I was reading elsewhere on the net where someone could not get Remote Desktop to connect until he tried disabling it and it then worked)...
networksharingprivatefh0.jpg

lansettingsfb7.jpg

I have no antivirus running,have disabled the User firewall (no other firewalls installed)...
firewalloffiv2.jpg

also the advanced firewall settings have been turned off after rules had been set for incoming and outgoing in the 3 profiles, domain,private, and public with an additional rule for each to "Allow All" ports and activity...
firewalladvancedes7.jpg

entered the machine in DMZ zone on router...
dmzok2.jpg

Of course, I can ping the machine locally fine....
pinglocalresultty3.jpg

I have set up Radmin to use port 3333....
radminportdv8.jpg

and also set permission for myself to access ...
radminsecurityad5.jpg

and no problem telnet locally also to Radmin ....
telnetlocalzu8.jpg

telnetlocalresultmm3.jpg

Using my external IP (which is the same that my No-IP DNS tool reports) ...
iplookupky1.jpg

My WAN ping results shows my router responding ...
pingwanresulted2.jpg

But when I try to telnet Radmin WAN to Vista machine...
telnetwanresultkr2.jpg

The same is also true of the above with HFS Fileserver using port 80 getting the same results which works fine on my XP box which is behind the same router and configured DMZ alternately.

Radmin 2.2 server is setup on the XP box and connects fine from Vista box Radmin Viewer. Note:Radmin 3.2 is demo version as I want to make sure it works on Vista ok before purchasing it. Radmin 2.2 on Vista will not allow connection either (I do not have both versions setup on the same box though) to avoid any conflicts.

Netstat shows the port 3333 as active on Vista....
netstatso1.jpg

I am NOT at all concerned about security but would like to open my box up to perform like my XP does which is wide open and responds effortlessly to any and all of my request. I have "Deepfreeze" installed and never connects to internet in thawed state and virus scanning is done via my XP over my USB drives.

Using Acronis I am able to restore to a virgin state of operating in pretty much no time at all as I have tried all kinds of things from Googled results searching for an answer. I am hoping someone else has some experience as to what might be going on here. I have also tried eliminating the router entirely by connecting straight to my modem with all the same results so I know it is a "Vista" thing going on.

Back