Vista Volume Mixer

Valaire

Gawd
Hey guys, I just started using Vista, and have a minor problem that I cannot quite get a google answer for.

I really like the idea of per-application volume controls. However, it seems I cannot get the Windows Mixer to bring up sound-producing applications with any degree of consistency. Specifically, I cannot get Foobar to come up, when it is active and playing music. I also cannot get Windows Media Player to come up.

In WMP11, I also noticed that the WMP volume control does NOT work and is considerably louder than the rest of my system.

For testing purposes, I'm using DS in Foobar, not KS or ASIO.

I have Vista Ultimate x64, fully updated. Is there something I'm missing? I can't coax the Mixer to include Foobar no matter what I do, and cannot fix this WMP11 problem.

If it helps, the other program I'm running is Logitech SetPoint, which is a mouse utility for keybinding different buttons on my mouse. That's about it as far as non-essentials that I have loaded 24/7.

Thanks.

2624892190_d9a9c081d6.jpg

Well if you're using something that functions like ASIO, then it's going to bypass the Vista Volume Mixer, correct?

That being said, I have Foobar open and using the Vista Mixer... I'm using Home Premium x86, and when I open the Volume Mixer, Foobar shows up, but it shows the sound coming from the Speaker bar, not the Foobar bar....

I'm not really sure what you're asking though. You want to be able to control the volume through the volume mixer and not Foobar?

I'm using DirectSound for testing purposes, so it should go through the normal audio stack.

As for what I want, I just want Foobar to show up as an application in the Volume Mixer like I've seen screenshots of other people being able to do.

Put another way: Why can I NOT see Foobar listed as an application when it is running, playing music, and not using ASIO/KS?

Just a guess, but try expanding that window... from your screenshot it looks like there are more programs to the left.

Hehe, I realized that my screenshot would be misleading: I have in fact been aware of the scrollbar and please take my word for it that it is not listed. :p

That's what I get... so I'm not sure what's different about your setup. *shrug* sorry I can't be more help.

Thanks -- it was worth a shot. The only meaningful difference I can find is that I'm using Foobar 9.5.3 and you are using 9.5.2 but I find it unlikely that it's a foobar issue since I haven't seen anyone else complaining about this...

Back