Vista Upgrade Advisor Stuck

CaptCanada

Weaksauce
Hi all

I have tried running the upgrade advisor several times and each time it has run for at least 1/2 hour and no results. The beta advisor I ran a while back gave me results within 10mins.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Here is my rig:
AMD 64 3000
MSI RS480-IL with Award Bios 3.9
1G DDR400
MSI 6600GT running 91.31 drivers
450W P/S
Creative Audigy
CDRW
DVDROM

CaptCanada said:
Hi all

I have tried running the upgrade advisor several times and each time it has run for at least 1/2 hour and no results. The beta advisor I ran a while back gave me results within 10mins.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Here is my rig:
AMD 64 3000
MSI RS480-IL with Award Bios 3.9
1G DDR400
MSI 6600GT running 91.31 drivers
450W P/S
Creative Audigy
CDRW
DVDROM

worked for me. the weakest link was my CPU (same as yours) with a 3.8 score. But I have 2gb of ram and an x800xl. I assume you're running Xp and not XP x64, but it doesn't work with x64, AFAIK.

I'd kill it and rerun the test....if htat doesn't work, create a new account and run it from there...if you can, make it a limited account...maybe less crap will load.

Tried safe mode? Worth a shot

Eh actually who cares....just upgrade lol take a shot in the dark! Life is about chances! Dont even back up your documents! :D

I tried to do a full install by booting from the dvd, but when it got to extracting the files part, I got a corrupted file error and couldn't continue.

I then tried upgrading from within WinXP, and it told me that my rig wasn't ACPI compliant and I was unable to proceed.

I know my machine is compliant though, so not sure what is wrong. Others have told me it maybe because my components may not be Vista compatible.

Back