Vista Ultimate... Should I install it now, or wait?

jimmer411

Weaksauce
Everyone at my work is getting Vista Ultimate for free (well sorda, gotta spend a few of my days off doing the training) as part of our training requirements, not a jump that I wanted to take yet but, its free. Now I just have to decide which system to put it on, or if I should just wait till xmas when I do a new system rebuild. Im not sure if its OEM, or retail as of yet, since the box isnt in my hand. If its OEM and I install it on my laptop I wouldnt have to worry about transfering the license. More ram and a C2D are in store for that, and a phone call to MS should fix any activation issues with that. That still leaves me with my longterm problem, since I mostly game and watch movies on my PC I see Vista being something that I will be required to have on my main rig at some time, where my laptop can get away with XP or Linux. Has anyone had issues with OEM Vista and activation on a full system upgrade? I dont want to install it on my main rig and find out Im SOL in 6 months when I upgrade...

A lot will depend on the software you want to use.I just bought a new sata DVDRW that came with Nero 7,and Nero 7 works , but not the version that came with the player. If you have older software, some of it won't play nice with Vista. You will HAVE to get new AV, because all older stuff isn't compatable. Some games won't play well, if at all, so start reading other threads, and see if they get what games you want to play to work. It might be better to wait until your upgrade time.

Back