Vista UAC problem

solideliquid

Limp Gawd
Is this happening to anyone else? I've been using Vista since official release but I've noticed this problem coming up a lot lately.

For example it happened tonight when I tried to start the installer for the Metal of Honor demo.
I start the installer (it has a security icon on the lower right side) and it literally takes five minutes for UAC to pop up and ask if I will "Allow" the program to install.

It never used to take this long, it happens whenever I start an installer for pretty much anything, and it's getting pretty annoying. Help?

Thanks!

Something is wrong in your PC what did you changed/installed before this problem started?

Hmm can't say. I turned off UAC and the problem is gone. Installer prompt comes up in about 2 seconds.

Badly behaved installer. You'll encounter quite a few of those, here and there. Right-click the installer and choose 'Run as Administrator'. Then kick back doing other stuff. It'll kick in sooner or later.

When developers are all using installers which follow better practicew you won't see the problem any more. But for now.....

Back