So I just updated to SP2 on my Vista ultimate today was wondering if anyone else has upgraded to sp2 as well.. What are the major changes if any with this new Service pack. any drawbacks or anything better.. I havent noticed anything..
Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista was released to manufacturing on April 28, 2009, and released to Microsoft Download Center and Windows Update on May 26, 2009. In addition to a number of security and other fixes, a number of new features have been added. However, it did not include Internet Explorer 8:
* Windows Search 4.0 (currently available for SP1 systems as a standalone update)
* Feature Pack for Wireless adds support for Bluetooth 2.1
* Windows Feature Pack for Storage enables the data recording onto Blu-ray media
* Windows Connect Now (WCN) to simplify Wi-Fi configuration
* Improved support for resuming with active Wi-Fi connections
* Enables the exFAT file system to support UTC timestamps, which allows correct file synchronisation across time zones
* Support for ICCD/CCID smart cards
* Support for VIA 64-bit CPUs
* Improves audio and video performance for streaming high-definition content
* Improves Windows Media Center (WMC) in content protection for TV
* Provides an improved power management policy that is up to 10% more efficient than the original in some configurations
Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 share a single service pack binary, reflecting the fact that their code bases were joined with the release of Server 2008. Service Pack 2 is not a cumulative update meaning that Service Pack 1 must be installed first.