Vista running a lot of problems

Rx_Matador

n00b
hmm where to start on this one My computer will lock up whenever i try and quit certain programs recently just vuze now team fortress 2 does it as well. The only way to get out is a manual shutdown of my computer or it goes into a blue screen error (not a BSOD). Then when the computer starts back up it wont boot into windows saying my .bootmgr file is missing i had to repair this in the past but now it's suddenly back again but only after computer shuts down from an error. Any help would be appreciated on this one thanks guys. (system specs in sig)

Sounds to me like you have a failing harddrive, but it really could be anything in the data chain ( mobo, controller, harddrive ).

Check your event logs. You'll often find important system information in there.

so you might be correct here is the report. "The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block" Is there any known way of fixing this or am i looking at getting a new hard drive?

Check SMART status, but honestly you are probably looking at a failing drive. Best thing to do is replace it.

active smart showed the drive status as ok and it doesn't appear to be having any serious issues on it.

Back