Vista = Rundll32 keeps crashing?

blade52x

2[H]4U
When I leave my computer I lock it. Lately when I've been coming back I'll load it up and see a message "Rundll32 has stopped working" and I'll just click close. There doesn't seem to be stability issues with the entire system, but this message has been coming up more and more frequently. Sometimes when I exit out a game I'll see it as well.

Anyone know what's going on, and how this can be fixed? Thanks.

Can you give us a rundown of basic third party software you're using?

The big ones would be CD burning apps (Nero?), AV application, Anti spyware, 3rd party indexing apps, video card drivers / tweaking apps, etc.

Can you give us a rundown of basic third party software you're using?

The big ones would be CD burning apps (Nero?), AV application, Anti spyware, 3rd party indexing apps, video card drivers / tweaking apps, etc.

It's probably DEP closing a 3rd party app, Nero is a good guess, or a bad IE addon.

Well, I do not use Nero, and use Firefox as my browser. But here's a list of programs I've got constantly running the background

-Logitech Profiler
-AVG AV
-Comodo Firewall Pro
-APC PowerChute Personal Edition
-Spybot-SD Resident
-Windows Sidebar

Come to think about it, the RunDLL32 crashes begin on 03.31.08, and that is right around the time I put in the 9600GT and installed 174.53 certified drivers. Most of the crashes below happened when I logged back in after locking my computer.

rundllcrash.jpg

Again, the first one was reported 03.31.08, so, I guess I should try to wipe my video drivers and reinstall them. Hopefully it gets rid of this somewhat annoying issue that really hasn't seemed to be causing any problem (yet).

Could be. I have recently discovered how troublesome nVidia drivers can be. After having been a 10 year ATi customer previously, they had better resolve some of this before I switch back.

Also, make sure to check your sidebar gadgets, I had a gadget once that would spew that error whenever I logged in.

Back