Vista Problem?

Nexillus

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all!

I have had a few strange problems! I installed a new SSD into an older computer of my a Toshiba X305 running Vista, after re-installing I had problems installing my nvidia GFX drivers they fail every time i install, also my start up time is almost a two minutes? I did this same thing with win 7 and had no problems.

Does SSD's and Vista not work well with each other?

Any suggestions would be very helpful! Been beating my head on this for a few days now.

Did you switch to AHCI mode?

I had a problem with a Vista system once. I put in a 1.5 TB WD Green drive and switched it to AHCI mode, the OS seriously had problems and nothing would install. I reinstalled serveral times with different disc/drivers, nothing worked. Switched it back to IDE and it was flawless the first time.

Vista works just fine with ACHI mode (I am currently installing it on a Dell Vostro 1400 in ACHI mode). I do not believe that Vista supports TRIM but other than that it should work just fine.

I will give it a shot and change it to AHCI mode and get back to you. Thanks for the help! :D

Do yourself a major favor and dump the Vista. Even W8 is an improvement over it.

I did the suggestion still have the issue's, I think I'm going to go with B00nie on this one and just get ride of Vista on the computer.

Thanks for the help! :)

Back