Vista Printer Sharing ?

dashpuppy

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok i HATE windows Vista :(

I have 3 vista machines im trying to network. One machine is a desktop, wired, and the other are 2 laptops. One of the wireless laptops can print to the desktop perfectly and view files on the desktop.

The other laptop has a shared printer and C: however, when you go into the network folder on the other laptop, you can see all the computer access them EXCEPT the other wireless laptop with the shared printer. You can see it but not access it, like what the FREGG, i can't go \\192.168.1.xxx i can't ping it etc etc, but it's there and it shows up in network, just not accessible. What gives ?

I hate windows vista.

All the printer and file sharing features are turned on, i even shared c: with full permissions so i can see if i can access it at all. NOPE no go, i turned off the trendmicro security suite and windows firewall, still nothing.

Ideas ?

network discovery turned on?

User accounts with same password identical across all machines?

Yes to network discovery, because on the other 2 machines, you can see the machine, you jus't can't access it.

She said it used to work, but after changing from a dlink router to a new Cisco one, she said it has all stopped. I looked through the settings on the router and it's all setup properly.
I'm stumped, I think i remember her saying she used the network wizard or something.

Make sure she isn't set to being on a "Public" network as opposed to the "Home" or "Work" option.

If you changed out the router one or more of the computers may think they are no longer on the "home" network. May have to manually change that setting in network & sharing center. Seen that happen before.

Back