Vista Pricing revealed.

sprocket said:
Sorry, but I call shennanigans.
MS offers their OS(s) in multiple languages (including Polish) and I'm sure they didn't spend the development money with the expectation that the product would be given away.
Certainly MS is aware of the global proliferation of software piracy but to think that they have simply shrugged their shoulders and decided to make the American market bear the total cost is absurd.
Ahh... not for Windows98 at the time. (Which was when Whistler was in beta) You could get the language pack but it was not sold as a polish version. So I guess you wouldn't believe that my father also used to call up Microsoft and tell them how to fix problems and they would write up KB articles off of him. Though the jerks would never give him credit for it.

You can believe what you will but to think a company doesn't have a dark side is absolutely insane. Remember that Bill Gates explicitely said that by individuals around the world pirating Windows they have done Microsofts job for them by getting Microsoft into every single house hold.

I was figuring I'd get the Ultimate Edition, though I'll have to go back and look at what all the features are, for each package. I just know I don't want the basic one(s). Either way I suspect it'll end up being cheaper then that, and I'm sure you'll be able to buy it for even less, with an OEM version, which I would do anyway. I paid like $120 for a full version of XP Pro.

what exactly is the difference between an OEM and a retail copy of XP pro ? feature wise..

Imaulle said:
what exactly is the difference between an OEM and a retail copy of XP pro ? feature wise..
Nothing. The license is different, but the features are the same.

Also you pretty much just get a disk. There might have been a small little booklet included with XP Pro. I don't even remember, and I never looked through it.

eeyrjmr said:
NO ergo Windows is Shite and not worth a penny :rolleyes:

One sided, fan b o i'ed opinion. Linux is great for it's respective strengths, but a windows killer, it isn't, anymore than a windows box is a linux killer.

Get over yourself.

Back