Vista Preview Thumbnails

coachjohn

Limp Gawd
I'm a photographer who occasionally creates very large files for printing onto canvas. I recently sized and saved a TIF file in Photoshop CS2 for a 32" X 22" canvas print; it looks fine in Photoshop, I can open it in Photoshop after saving, but the thumbnail preview generated by Vista can't display the image..just a gray rectangle with a black bar on one side. The file is big..over 550 mb..is there a file size limit / threshold in vista for how big the original file can be when generating the thumbnail? Or maybe the thumbnail generated is too large and can't be displayed?

I'm a photographer who occasionally creates very large files for printing onto canvas. I recently sized and saved a TIF file in Photoshop CS2 for a 32" X 22" canvas print; it looks fine in Photoshop, I can open it in Photoshop after saving, but the thumbnail preview generated by Vista can't display the image..just a gray rectangle with a black bar on one side. The file is big..over 550 mb..is there a file size limit / threshold in vista for how big the original file can be when generating the thumbnail? Or maybe the thumbnail generated is too large and can't be displayed?

Probably. I remember XP having a specific size (dimension-wise, I believe) after which it wouldn't generate a thumbnail for the image.

There is a limit. Can't remember off hand what it is either.

It just would take too much power to compute that thumbnail!

If anyone knows what the file size limit is..I'd appreciate passing the link along to me.

Thanks for the answers!

Back