Vista On Sale Tonight

There's plenty to get excited about. Have you read much about it? I bet you use ME and enjoy it :eek:

He's right you know. There's lots to be exited about.

1. The new 3D GUI. Man you haven't lived until you've seen this GUI in action. If fact it's so awesome that you can actually see the 15% performance decrease in games.

2. Not to forget all the new awesome sound you'll hear from your 3D sound card since it'll be using Software instead. The Creative sound card owners will love this one. Hardware sound is a crutch.

3. Multi media is so much better on Vista just because of the DRM. I bet you can't wait to buy a new video card and monitor just to view a HD DVD or Blu-Ray movie.

4. Laptop users will be thrilled about Vista. Since it now users the 3D chip to render the desktop you'll get much faster computing time despite the dramatic power consumption.

5. The 64 bit version is the best. Since every driver must be digitally signed that means no more modified drivers. Cause we know how much trouble all those modified drivers can do with all those Soft Mods and overclocked and tweaks.

As for me I'm just so excited about Vista that I couldn't bring myself to install it. Instead I'm going to be looking for a Linux Disto instead. I'm just not worthy to have this OS installed on my PC.

Heh.

I'll be XP for a LONG while.

Prolly will continue using XP on my desktop and putting Linux onto a laptop...

I got my Vista Home Premium on Friday from da egg. Works just fine out of the box. Have had like 10 windows updates already :p . Anyways, I think it's great.

Got one of the 5 available Windows Vista Ultimate Editions (Full not Upgrade) from Bestbuy at 12:02 this evening. I know it is crazy expensive, but I do a LOT of upgrading with my hardware and I wanted to make sure I could still activate reguardless of my near future hardware purchases. Also, getting both the 32bit version and the 64bit version in the same package is a plus.

I installed the 64bit version, loaded up the updates and my World of Warcraft/Burning Crusade - gotta get the important stuff loaded first :). All is good. The game looks great and everything else seems to be working as it should. I am using the 100.54 nVidia drivers I found on guru3d.com for my 8800GTX and it seems to be working well.

Didn't bench anything yet, but it seems relatively speedy. Of course my PC has a lot to do with that since it is pretty state of the art. I still need to do some tweaking of the interface and such, but overall - over the last couple hours - its been good.

I still have an XP install on separate physical HD just in case, though :)

I know a lot of people want to wait to see how it goes or wait for the first SP, but not me. I love to play with the new stuff - hardware or software. To me that is just being [H]ard.

I know a lot of people want to wait to see how it goes or wait for the first SP, but not me. I love to play with the new stuff - hardware or software. To me that is just being [H]ard.

Yep, I agree 100%. Also, truth is, it works fine right now anyway. Even if that WEREN'T true (which it is true), it would still be to my liking to play with it.

So, I should sacrifice gaming performance just to be on the bleeding edge? No thank! I'll let the idiots do that, and then think about it in 2008 or 2009. Saw this article about Gaming on Vista entitled "Gaming stinks with RTM Vista and current drivers" over at Tom's:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/01/17/gameplay-only-gets-worse-with-vista/

I'm a gamer. I built my PC from an empty case. I do my hardware homework and use only proven high performance parts. It's expensive to build PC's in this manner but you end up with a top shelf gaming platform. So, I would have to be retarded to install Vista if the OS is going to degrade gaming performance.

For me, an OS is nothing more than the platform that allows me to run the applications that I'm interested in. I setup the OS to run to my liking and then I ignore it.

I'm a gamer. I built my PC from an empty case. I do my hardware homework and use only proven high performance parts. It's expensive to build PC's in this manner but you end up with a top shelf gaming platform. So, I would have to be retarded to install Vista if the OS is going to degrade gaming performance.

For me, an OS is nothing more than the platform that allows me to run the applications that I'm interested in. I setup the OS to run to my liking and then I ignore it.

That's a very silly point of view since the OS determines how you interface with EVERYTHING on your computer, but that's your opinion.

As far as the whole "I would have to be retarded to install Vista" thing, that's just absurd. In some games already with early drivers it has a lead in performance according to proven hardware sites like FiringSquad (Tom's is garbage and is widely known as a pathetic site) on some games, and a small degradation in others. It's only going to get better from here. In any case, you act as though it's some huge deal to have built your computer on these forums and that your opinion should be revered. Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not. Should I be acting high and mighty because I did the same, modded an mATX Q-pack to do so, AND overclocked it to normal-case-air-cooling levels? Nope. Neither should you.

Back