Vista not remembering settings

kre62

Limp Gawd
Every time I load Vista I have to open the sound control panel and move the slider for treble to get it to output the correct bass/treble levels. Also I have to load the nvidia control panel and move the sliders for color correction to get it to snap back into using my preferrred color settings. Does anyone know how to fix this? Seems like a Vista issue and not a driver issue as the sound sliders are built into the OS...

Logging in as a different user each time?

It is either that or it sounds like your settings are not being written correctly, which would suggest a rights problem. But as we all know this shouldn't be an issue with Vista.

Just pretty stumped myself, as my sound settings remain. I haven't done anything special, really.

What soundcard and video card do you use? It COULD be the drivers, although chances you have two Vista-dislikeable cards are pretty slim.

I only have one user account. Its weird cause when I start to move the sliders it snaps back. And also when I hibernate instead of shutdown it stays.

Creative Audigy 2 card and Nvidia 7800GTX video.

I only have one user account. Its weird cause when I start to move the sliders it snaps back. And also when I hibernate instead of shutdown it stays.

Creative Audigy 2 card and Nvidia 7800GTX video.

I really don't know what the problem would be... I still think it is driver issues if it won't let you change the slider...

And both Creative sound cards and Nvidia video cards have been known to be screwy within Vista. I'm not sure about those models (someone else may know here), but it could be likely that you just have two peices of hardware that just won't work well.

To make sure you arent having the same problem try this. In the sound control, in the properties for speakers select tone. Max out the treble. Play something with WMP or winamp or whatever and notice how it sounds. Then do a full restart, and when it loads load up the same song in the same player. DOes it sound a little muffled? Bring up the tone page and move the treble slider, even though it says its maxed out already, move it slightly and see if the treble comes back in full force. Then we'll know if its just me.

I'm having the same problem with Vista x64 and Nvidia drivers (158.18).

It keeps reseting my resolution to 1280x1024 when its suppose to be 1080p. I also have to restart before it will recognize my monitor as 1080p capable so its especially annoying.

I thought there were no OS specific bass/treble adjustments too. I found them in the Sound control panel. Click on SPeakers, then Properties, go to the Tone tab and there they are. These are OS settings. Please check for them and try this out.

I thought there were no OS specific bass/treble adjustments too. I found them in the Sound control panel. Click on SPeakers, then Properties, go to the Tone tab and there they are. These are OS settings. Please check for them and try this out.
Nope. That'll be dependent upon your audio solution and what speakers are attached, I'd think. With onboard Realtek audio and headphones or generic stereo speakers attached I don't get that from the volume control. 'Speakers' is reported simply as 'Realtek AC97 audio', and their properties don't include the 'Tone' tab depicted here. Matter of fact, I suspect that what appears there is dependent upon the device drivers installed. My own system, for example, displays an 'Enhancements' tab from which the sound effects made available by the audio driver can be configured.

I'm quite sure that what's being discussed here is device driver related rather than OS related.

Tried new Nvidia drivers, same problem exists with color settings. Im really thinking this is a Vista issue and not enought people are adjusting the color settings or sound tone settings to notice.

Colour correction is 'sticking' on my system, so it must be a YMMV situation. Also, as mentioned, the properties for audio playback seem dependent upon your audio device drivers. Can you adjust environmental audio effects from the 'Enhancements' tab, for example? I can. You can't because you don't get that tab. It ain't the OS, but rather the device driver.

Back