vista media center compatible?

JPGR87

Gawd
So i have the leadtek TV2000/XP tuner card. Its a software card with an external patch cable to handle audio, but it does its job. I was wondering if anyone knew if this card was compatible with vista's MCE in either 32bit or 64bit vista. I was thinking about upgrading but i can't seem to find any info on it anywhere, and i don't see any vista drivers for my card, just xp32bit

i'm leaning towards vista x64 if i upgrade my machine, so would the theater 650 work? I read a lot of threads where there were some issues getting the analog and digital tuners to be recognized by vista MCE, and i was wondering if these problems were resolved.

Thanks!

Leadtek actually does offer a 32bit vista driver, so i guess i'm SOL with 64bit..

Would the 32bit driver make it recognizable under vista MCE? its a bt8x8 software encoding card, i guess it would work if it had vista drivers.

Vista MCE will not work with it but it will work in Vista (32bit) and another PVR app (like SageTV, BTV, etc).

thanks, this was what i was trying to find out.

That being the case, how is 64 bit support for the theater 650 coming? I see the latest drivers are dated august 13th, i'm just wondering if MCE will work or if there are still issues. I really like the mce interface, and once i get home premium i'd like to be able to use it without having to pay extra for sage or beyondtv.

I'm just trying to decide whether vista x64 is really worth it, and seeing if i can plan ahead to make sure, if i do get it, all my devices will work.

Well, I'm using Vista Home Premium with my 650 tuner but it's the 32bit version. Either way, I'd highly suggest going with Vista 32 for an HTPC simply cause it's better/easier to work with then 64 is. 64 is better suited for the desktop, I wouldn't want to deal with the issues that 64 brings when I'm building an HTPC.

I see what you're saying, but the thing is this pc is my everything pc in my room at college, along with tv and movies it also handles my web browsing, work with the gimp, paper writing, and programming. If it was solely an htpc i would definately do what you're saying and go with x32...but htpc is just one function i want to perform.

Back